Back to the Future: The Game

Sign in to follow this  

I bought it a while ago, played the first chapter then forgot about it because they were released episodicly (well, one still isn't out).

I should point out that the DeLorean in this game is... a time duplicate... yeah something like that, I played the first episode back in January so I can't remember exactly what was said

I played through them (first four obviously since the fifth isn't out) today and yesterday (they're about 1 1/2 to 2 hours each, the last one will be longer hopefully). I must say I really enjoy them. I'm no fan of point and click adventure games (in fact, I bought it without looking just in case it looked terrible because it had the name Back to the Future, I was willing to risk it. If I'd have saw it I wouldn't have bought it).

I have to say, they were great. Aside from two repetative parts that weren't any fun at all, I really enjoyed them. To be honest the only major complaint I have would be the lack of a "Movie Mode" so you can merely watch it as if it were one of the movies (since a lot of the cutscenes are long and like watching one of the movies, and the parts where you interact could easily be done that way), oh well. That's because I was playing it for the story and not the game, by the way.

I've always loved Back to the Future, because I have some weird time travel obsession. This game litterally feels like an extension of the movies. There is one major plot hole that I noticed (I was trying not to notice, I do that sometimes so I don't get crushed LOL) and that's the fact that in the * minor spoiler warning * 3rd release, Doc fades out because he has a completely different timeline. In other words, he never invented the time machine. What doesn't make sense is that Marty is still there, the same, even though he lives a completely different life, and so is the DeLorean, with the hover conversion and all! If we're lucky then the normal Doc Brown will give Marty some kind of explanation as to why that happened.

*spoiler warning*

The fourth episode left on a cliffhangar with Doc driving away with Edna. Yes, the old Doc from the alternative timeline if you haven't played it. What was more interesting to me, though, was the fact that YOUNG Doc was talking about how his rocket engines were useless because he couldn't stabalise them, and then he talks about making things fly without rockets. In other words, flying cars! I'm pretty sure that was there because we've seen the past, we've seen Hill Valley in 1985, and everyone would expect to see the future. The problem is, it's 2011, and most of the stuff in the second movie hasn't happened, so it wouldn't make sense to go there, and they can't just change the year. So I think what they're trying to do is dodge that and make some kind of pseudo-future in 1985 that we can see, and it might be similar to the 2015 future, with flying cars invented by Doc Brown himself, and possibly other technologies. I wonder how this will be fixed. The preview at the end of episode 4 was short, very short, it gave almost nothing away which is great.

*end spoiler warning*

So all in all, I loved the game so far, and it really feels like an extra movie (if not two). I'm kind of hoping that the final episode is longer, but that probably won't longer. But the fact that it still isn't released, and that they've delayed it until June, gives me hope :D

I'd recommend this to anyone who loves Back to the Future. If you're looking for a good game and didn't love the movie, get something else. If you loved the movies, then you'll love the game.

They were giving episode 3 away for free so I got it.... And then it didn't work, couldn't be bothered with the series after that :l

Wait there's how many different timelines!? :shock:

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Well, the movie series they have a lot just on there own, there's the alternative 1985 in the second movie, the one that Marty starts in the first one, and ends with, at the end of the first one, the 2015 one where Marty's son gets in major trouble causing Marty to loose his job, there's the one where Clara Clayton dies, there's the one where she lives, then there's the X amount that are in the game(s) alone (I think they got to "timeline j" In either episode 2 or 3). Now I probably haven't covered all of the timelines, but that's all I can remember at the moment.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA