Help for Little Freemans - Episode 2

Sign in to follow this  

So I wrote the script and recorded the dialog and now the time has come for the hard part, moving the ideas on paper to Hammer.

1. I'm trying to drag a motrocop corpse on the floor. There's no need to see who's doing the dragging so a simple move from A to B would suffice. Of course, I tried to use a func_tracktrain and a prop_dynamic with the cop model. The problem is, it looks unnatural. The cop is stiff and the drag is too smooth plus I can't delay the startforward output. I'm setting the delay at 6 seconds but the game doesn't care. It just starts on spawn.

The best way would be to use a prop_ragdoll because it's not stiff but I can't parent it to the tracktrain.

I would like the drag to be like this: move slowly, stop, move slightly faster out of frame. How should I set the tracktrain to do this?

Is there any way I can make this move look natural or do I have to settle for this crappy stiff looking slide and why doesn't output delaying work?

2. The second problem is vehicles. I will be using a custom car model that was created for Gmod from the SCars pack. I copied over all the folders except the "lua" and imported the car into Hammer using a prop_vehicle. The problem is it has no wheels. How can I attach the wheels to the car?

3. Later on I will be trying to throw an NPC out the window so I would like to know how can I brake a window. Will a phys_impact be enough to blow the galss away or do I need something else? Do phys_impacts affect NPCs as well?

4. Lastly, so far, I want to make NPCs point guns and shoot at certain targets (props and NPCs).

That's basically it. I'll post more problems if I run into them. Thanks!

Little Freemans - Episodes 1-5

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCD714E092FC2A2A1

Malf Hockery - Episodes 1-5

So I wrote the script and recorded the dialog and now the time has come for the hard part, moving the ideas on paper to Hammer.

1. I'm trying to drag a motrocop corpse on the floor. There's no need to see who's doing the dragging so a simple move from A to B would suffice. Of course, I tried to use a func_tracktrain and a prop_dynamic with the cop model. The problem is, it looks unnatural. The cop is stiff and the drag is too smooth plus I can't delay the startforward output. I'm setting the delay at 6 seconds but the game doesn't care. It just starts on spawn.

The best way would be to use a prop_ragdoll because it's not stiff but I can't parent it to the tracktrain.

I would like the drag to be like this: move slowly, stop, move slightly faster out of frame. How should I set the tracktrain to do this?

Is there any way I can make this move look natural or do I have to settle for this crappy stiff looking slide and why doesn't output delaying work?

2. The second problem is vehicles. I will be using a custom car model that was created for Gmod from the SCars pack. I copied over all the folders except the "lua" and imported the car into Hammer using a prop_vehicle. The problem is it has no wheels. How can I attach the wheels to the car?

3. Later on I will be trying to throw an NPC out the window so I would like to know how can I brake a window. Will a phys_impact be enough to blow the galss away or do I need something else? Do phys_impacts affect NPCs as well?

4. Lastly, so far, I want to make NPCs point guns and shoot at certain targets (props and NPCs).

Hmm, well I only worked with the GoldSrc engine.... I'm sure others can help with points 1-3.

However the last point, in GoldSrc you need to use the entities scripted_sequence or ascripted_sequence, check how to use here: http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Scripted_sequence

Place an NPC entity then place the Scripted_sequence entity where you want him to stand/walk/run to (If you want him to be at a fixed position) or just choose none in the "Move to" section of this this sequence and then just make him face a target (Use the Y X Z Circular tool with the line to the right of the properties of this entity)and make him repeat the "shooting action"... don't forget the override AI.

Sorry if this is outdated and in Source it's different, then I just wasted your time, but I think the sequences are done very much the same.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Hmm, well I only worked with the GoldSrc engine.... I'm sure others can help with points 1-3.

However the last point, in GoldSrc you need to use the entities scripted_sequence or ascripted_sequence, check how to use here: http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Scripted_sequence

Place an NPC entity then place the Scripted_sequence entity where you want him to stand/walk/run to (If you want him to be at a fixed position) or just choose none in the "Move to" section of this this sequence and then just make him face a target (Use the Y X Z Circular tool with the line to the right of the properties of this entity)and make him repeat the "shooting action"... don't forget the override AI.

Sorry if this is outdated and in Source it's different, then I just wasted your time, but I think the sequences are done very much the same.

Problem 1 is solved. For the last one I was told to use an npc_bullseye and for the gun pointing thing I'll probably use a logic_choreographed_scene. Thanks for your effort!

Little Freemans - Episodes 1-5

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCD714E092FC2A2A1

Malf Hockery - Episodes 1-5

if you ever need to shoot something like this again, just use garrysmod. There is a mod that allows cinematic recording at set angles, and you can make your physgun ray invisible through it. I wouldn't typically use Garrysmod for recording high quality machinimas, but if no one needs to be seen, this would work fine.

Hi Friend.

iI wouldn't typically use Garrysmod for recording high quality machinimas, but if no one needs to be seen, this would work fine.

"Computer Graphics is all about cheating."

As long as the shot comes together with all the driving odds and ends are out of frame, the means do not matter.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.