Ugh

Sign in to follow this  

Well in working on it, it looks like the commenting system has been completely broken, so I'm taking the site back down again.  It looks like the site isn't quite functional enough for launching afterall, so I'll put it on hold again while the people coding try to work it out.  Really I've been trying to get this going ever since last summer, but as you can see it's been one problem after another.  I'll make an announcement here once it's a little more mature.  

And yes I saw all the comments and emails about wanting an RSS system, I wasn't aware anyone even used that.  I've never really intended for the homepage to be a daily news kind of deal, just something you can check every few weeks or so.  Basically I'd rather focus on making more videos than giving constant updates.  My primary goal with the site is to make it easy to get to the videos and to support some extra stuff.  However since there's such a demand for it, I'll ask the people coding to try and implement that in the new version.

sounds bad, hope you get it working

o man well i hope u work everything out

The real point about RSS is that I can subscribe to your site and I don't need to keep checking it. Really, I don't care if you update every day or every month...With an RSS feed I don't have to keep remembering that I need to check your site, I have the RSS reader do it for me.

RSS doesn't have to be regular. With things like Google Reader even subscribing to sites that only update a few times a year is productive.

I love the under construction image.

??? The comments were working fine when I visited. Weird.

It doesn't matter, when the site is up or if there is a RSS feed as long as you make your videos;-)

For me - I use the RSS here, not because I want an everyday feed, but because it is the best way to get informed about new articles (I have been one of those, who wrote that they want the RSS).

However, this is all nitpicking. Videos is what matters and nothing else.

Do you use a CMS like "Joomla!" or do you make from scratch?

Happy Easter and good Luck!
It'll be fine

I hope it gets straightened out soon.

I use the RSS feed to make sure that I'm not missing anything and it also lets me easily look back on things that I may have missed.

It's Just a nice convenience.

I'd rather see your videos than this RSS stuff.
Videooooooos!
:D
(Keep up the good work)

Yeah i was posting a good comment yesterday and then came up with some errors

Just another Fan using RSS. Like John Evans said, I don't care how often you post its just a way to see "Oh a new video is out."

Best of luck with getting the site up. It's always so damn annoying to have something *nearly* finished, but be unable to quite get it to work for some reason.

Don't worry about it, mate, I'm sure you'll get it up and running soon enough

i dont even know how to use RSS so i dont care but if it keeps me reminded i guess it be good to have

can someone tell me how to use RSS feeds

hey love CP and FM, big man, and I hope the site goes well, not to be "that" guy, but whats RSS stand for again?

don't worry about that Ross, you just visualize your site up and working fine and i assure you that you'll get it, happy easter and best of lucks for you.