F.E.A.R 3

Sign in to follow this  

Now, I KNOW I'm not the only one who plays this series, and I can't be the only one who got the game on first release. XD

Just beat it and have been playing campaign as Fettal. had to knock up the difficulty to max for this mode because his possession system really makes the game a little easy. :x

but anyone else playing this right now? and if so, anyone got the PC version? I'm dying to try co-op campaign with someone who's not a complete stranger who I haven't met until now. :P

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Retired Forum Moderator

F.3.A.R., as in, First Three Assault Reconnaissance?

That makes no sense.

First Encounter Assault Recon. the 3rd game. I titled it this way because, well,

lithNews_F3AR.jpg

My apologies.

Retired Forum Moderator

I know that too well. I will pick this up from the bargain bin. Maybe. The first game and its expansions are good, but when the series start sucking at the second game and start including the sequel number inside the main title it is not a good sign at all.

I know that too well. I will pick this up from the bargain bin. Maybe. The first game and its expansions are good, but when the series start sucking at the second game and start including the sequel number inside the main title it is not a good sign at all.

Hm.. well, agree to disagree. :x

Retired Forum Moderator

Don't get me wrong, I want this game to be good. I am just sceptical, that is all. If a PC gaming community like Rock Paper Shotgun likes it overall then I might put a bit more money into a purchase.

I've noticed that. it has it's moment later on but it's not as much as the first 2.

Retired Forum Moderator

PC review from Rock Paper Shotgun: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/06/28/fear-3-pc-review/

Regenerating to full health, cover system, story that is utter bollocks, checkpoint-only saving, 2 weapons limit...

This game is basically a mish mash of everything that is wrong with gaming today. Not worth more than maybe 10 quid. I was a naive FEAR fan and bought FEAR 2 at full entry price expecting the same quality as the original. Never again. It is also worth mentioning that I read from a user review on the FEAR forum that the game lacks all the "trademark FEAR locations" like abandoned high-profile workplaces, offices, industrial complexes...

well, after playing for a while, it is a dud. :( They're focusing too much on fighting and multiplayer, and have mostly ignored the atmosphere and game design that made the 1st actually good. Now I feel kinda retarded for making a hyped post about it. T_T

I r disappoint.

Retired Forum Moderator

I liked the first 2 FEAR games, not for their horror, god no, that game was as scary as watching grass die at night, no I was at FEAR for the fantastic action set pieces, seriously, that game is the best action game I've ever played.

Horror is really, really bad though.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

Well even there they kinda fell short. they cut the already low weapon size down to 2 and eliminated the health meter. I liked the lack of a health meter as it made the game harder when health packs were scarce. They've also lost a lot of the elements from the first 2 in terms of combat. Such as enemies are even easier to kill, fights last about 20 secs in quite a few areas, things like that.

the only thing that remains is the weapons feel "right" when you shoot them.

Retired Forum Moderator

"Remains"? Please do not tell me you think the wet farts the shotguns in FEAR 2 make sound good to you. FEAR's sounds are not perfect either but they are infinity and a half better than FEAR 2's. I reserve judgement on FEAR 3's sounds until I buy and play the game, which may happen soon considering this game is essentially the game equivalent of a straight-to-DVD film.

"Remains"? Please do not tell me you think the wet farts the shotguns in FEAR 2 make sound good to you. FEAR's sounds are not perfect either but they are infinity and a half better than FEAR 2's. I reserve judgement on FEAR 3's sounds until I buy and play the game, which may happen soon considering this game is essentially the game equivalent of a straight-to-DVD film.

You'll notice I say ""feel" not "sound". The sounds have always been indifferent to me in most shooters I play. It's the recoil, accuracy, weapon fire rate, etc that I judge by and I just like how that feels in this series.

Retired Forum Moderator

Sound is a part of feeling something, we even have a special sensory for it.

I've been replaying FEAR and Extraction Point.

God this game is awesome.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."