A DJ Mix

Sign in to follow this  

Tell me what you think of this. Also, it's fidget, so not everyone will like the music, but this is more about the mixing than anything. Can I get a few opinions, this is my first time on the wheels of steel since for like 4 months. There are a few times I obviously messed up. But obviously, since I haven't dj'ed in awhile, it will be like that.

http://soundcloud.com/zacalac/zacalacs-fidget-mix

Hi Friend.

It's a bit repetitive, but I like the sound of it.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

I hate fidget but I think on the technical side it's good. But I listened through crappy speakers lol....

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

I like this one as well. Great job. :)

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

Pretty good mixing there. I think you probly should've used a different first song though.

As you said, a few small mistakes, but that's almost expected for a 20min+ mix.

[EDIT] Edited for missing word that could cause misinterpretation.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Pretty good mixing there. I think you probly should've used a different song though.

Actually Bt.... DJ sets usually are 60+ minutes. And they consist of many songs.

Since I have a chance, just wondering... how many people here think Djing is all about scratching?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMYMC6atRoE

These are called Turntablists, while very cool, they are not DJ's.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Actually Bt.... DJ sets usually are 60+ minutes. And they consist of many songs.

Did I post anything that contradicted that statement in any way?

Wait, I must've accidentally deleted a word in that first post... It was supposed to read "I think you probly should've used a different first song though.".

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Pretty good mixing there. I think you probly should've used a different song though.

Since I have a chance, just wondering... how many people here think Djing is all about scratching?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMYMC6atRoE

These are called Turntablists, while very cool, they are not DJ's.

Scratching can be implemented into a set, but you are right, that isn't DJing.

Also, when I made this, I planned on it being short (I made it at six AM pulling an all nighter)

Hi Friend.