FM->HL2 fun version.

Sign in to follow this  

I haven't seen such topic here, so maybe I'll be the first who suggests it.

The idea is if it comes to continuing FM in HL2, the whole story can be rewritten by Ross or some other guy, in a funny way, with modern jokes, like... Gordon Freeman wakes up in 1980 in NaziGerman controlled Pohland and G-Man is like Morfius tells him that he took the red pill and has stuff to do and save the world from bad bad germans, so he has to find russian rebels and rise a revolution because he has power to...whatever. You guys get the point :D Alternate world with more or less reality related jokes.

Maybe you have some interesting ideas as well how HL2 storyline can be transformed.

Not at all. One of the reasons I love FM is because I've played the game before many times and I can't wait to see how he will handle a situation presented to him in the game. I don't mind slightly modifying the experience by adding in special episodes like dream sequences in Felix's Mind or FM's Episode 0, but otherwise I'd just prefer Mind Series to stick to the vanilla game.

It'd be pretty cool though if he used the Cinematic Mod, taking out all the crap weapons and character models and the soundtrack but leaving it with MUCH better graphics.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I think he should stick to the story of HL2 for the most part, but if he wanted to do something like the conversation with the Black Ops in Shepard's Mind 24, he could use his SDK skills to make the actions of the person match the convo, unlike that episode. (Not Krismin's fault, it's OppFor's fault.) I personally think Freeman arguing with the fucker that says "Pick up that can!" is a great idea.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

I haven't seen such topic here, so maybe I'll be the first who suggests it.

The idea is if it comes to continuing FM in HL2, the whole story can be rewritten by Ross or some other guy, in a funny way, with modern jokes, like... Gordon Freeman wakes up in 1980 in NaziGerman controlled Pohland and G-Man is like Morfius tells him that he took the red pill and has stuff to do and save the world from bad bad germans, so he has to find russian rebels and rise a revolution because he has power to...whatever. You guys get the point :D Alternate world with more or less reality related jokes.

Maybe you have some interesting ideas as well how HL2 storyline can be transformed.

I don't like this idea at all.

First: FM is what it is BECAUSE it's a HL original story and me and many many other people expects to see how Ross will handle HL2 reality with Gordon as he created him. Hurray!

Second: I'm not into world wars subject and it's an enforcement to make up this kind of a story while FM in HL and HL2 is a one consistent plot to go...

Maybe Civil Protection would be a better material for that kind of modification?

Oh, and you spell: Poland, without h 8-)

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

It'd be pretty cool though if he used the Cinematic Mod, taking out all the crap weapons and character models and the soundtrack but leaving it with MUCH better graphics.

Agreed. Too bad the maker of the Cinematic mod is waiting till HL3 to make HD Valve-style models...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Agreed. Too bad the maker of the Cinematic mod is waiting till HL3 to make HD Valve-style models...

Shame that he abandoned such a promising project.

FakeFactorys probably in his mid 40's by now. I think he retired.

Besides by the time HL3 comes out, it'll probably have equally as good, or even BETTER graphics.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."