FM Speedrun Cocaine Episode

Sign in to follow this  

Gordon constantly talks about heavy drug and alcohol abuse, he even went so far as to instantly assume that amnesia = blackout drunk. Here is my suggestion: If Ross encounters a chapter or even just a section he finds to be skippable, Gordon can find some left over cocaine on his person and then Ross can cut to a speedrun video. Watch a HL speedrun and tell me you can't hear Ross screaming, "HOLY SHIT THIS STUFF IS AMAZING WAS THAT AN ALIEN OR A HUMAN WHO GIVES A SHIT I'M ON COCAINE!!!!" Just a thought.

yeah and not an egregious one at that. just a couple major things that wont make it happen, Ross' Gordon does not do cocaine, as far as implied, prescription drug abuse and alcoholism. also black out drunk = amnesia? No getting your ass kicked by two soldiers = retrograde amnesia. unless youre talking about the last time "he woke up in a trash compactor". and secondly, Ross is an original creator so i doubt he's been known to take viewers' ideas, hes even been known to reject a few, if my memory serves right.

Ross' Gordon does not do cocaine, as far as implied, prescription drug abuse and alcoholism.

I was going off of memory so apologies if I got any of the precidents wrong that he has set with the character. I guess I just inferred that Ross' Gordon liked to party.

also black out drunk = amnesia? No getting your ass kicked by two soldiers = retrograde amnesia. unless youre talking about the last time "he woke up in a trash compactor".

I think I was (from memory of course). In my first watch of that video I thought, that Gordon thought that his amnesia was the result of just another one of his drunken escapades, not getting the shit kicked out of him.

and secondly, Ross is an original creator so i doubt he's been known to take viewers' ideas, hes even been known to reject a few, if my memory serves right.

Too bad :/

Either way looking forward to the next FM Episode and the Tunnel was goose-bump-inducing.

to your second quote reply: ah okay, he did say he "shouldn't party this hard every night" so at first he thought he lost his memory from drinking too much. so yea my apologies for assuming wrongly, i had to watch episode 35 again just to make sure.

to the first, sure, its an understandable mistake, i mean he does show signs of experimenting with drugs in the past, (most likely small stuff) but he doesn't show signs of going through a cocaine withdrawal e.g lack of pleasure, depression, seeing or feeling things that aren't there etc. so yea it may be implied through character, but not through symptoms.

im also looking forward to FM but more so after the residue processing area, then the fun really begins :)

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

im also looking forward to FM but more so after the residue processing area, then the fun really begins :)

I can't wait! I just watched a speedrun of HL (which gave me the original idea) and proportionally Ross is only a little over halfway through the game. We have so much to look forward to! The big episode IMO is when he steps into the portal to go to Xen. That's a game changer right there.

i agree, im just fearing for if/when Ross just burns out on ideas or gets mugged and punched in the throat or something.

Don't you say that! He'll finish it and it'll be the best video on YouTube ever! Don't you dare say that!

lmao im not trying to jinx him or his viewers. but speaking of the last episode, how the hell is he going to write an ending that leaves the viewers satisfied? i mean the creator of barneys mind did something very epic and that left me happy with it, i wonder what's in Ross' head for that episode..

Thanks very much! I've lurked before, mostly for just speculation and updates but our little chat has motivated me to explore more.

No idea Barney's Mind existed. Looks like I won't be getting any sleep tonight.

Yeah I don't think a speedrun would really fit in with the series any. You have all these episodes where he's mostly walking and around calmly shooting aliens and spouting hilarious sayings and profanities...then you have one where he's speedrunning on cocaine. That doesn't really add up. Plus yeah, prescription drugs are his favorite. Probably because he knows cocaine could easily get him time in the slammer if he were caught.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

He also did do the pirate episode which didn't go over smoothly with everybody(Although I didn't mind it) so I can bet a lot of people would be pissed waiting for a new episode and getting a simple speed run. I know I would be as I'm here for the humor, not the feats of gameplay wonder.

Retired Forum Moderator

lmao im not trying to jinx him or his viewers. but speaking of the last episode, how the hell is he going to write an ending that leaves the viewers satisfied? i mean the creator of barneys mind did something very epic and that left me happy with it, i wonder what's in Ross' head for that episode..

Half-Life's ending is epic enough on it's own. Barney's Mind had to make it epic, since the real ending is him driving away in a car. In Half-life, Freeman kills a giant alien cyborg fetus and then gets put in stasis by the mysterious G-man. HL's end also sets it up for HL2. Blue Shift didn't have a sequel.

Anyway, back on topic: I don't think that would work at all, but if he did do that it should be methamphetamine instead of cocaine just for the sake of the 'Speed' run pun.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

i agree, im just fearing for if/when Ross just burns out on ideas or gets mugged and punched in the throat or something.

spit out these words and pray for forgiveness ! :shock:

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

hey now someone has to be realistic, im hoping it doesnt happen, i love the series, and i'd hate to see the series end, especially if its not seen completely through. btw civil protection is awesome too, and i love it more than FM. i've been a fan of it since Halloween safety.

hey now someone has to be realistic, im hoping it doesnt happen, i love the series, and i'd hate to see the series end, especially if its not seen completely through. btw civil protection is awesome too, and i love it more than FM. i've been a fan of it since Halloween safety.

You're a @##$$%@!#%^%^#@# :evil:

I won't spell it properly because I'd be banned. "Realistic".... bullshit. BIG BULLSHIT.

He won't run out of ideas and if someone mugs him or punches him in the throat, I will personally hunt down and kill the person responsible and I'm sure plenty of the people on here would back me up.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

He won't run out of ideas and if someone mugs him or punches him in the throat, I will personally hunt down and kill the person responsible and I'm sure plenty of the people on here would back me up.

You'll not kill the mugger, but you're welcome to help me torture and maim him.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Sh*t, people..... you are hepful :D