Oddest fact (or thing) that you know!

Sign in to follow this  

Title says it all, just post whatever it is.

I'll post later but it can be anything, such as the lyrics to Mottoke Sailor Fuku (although that's not odd IMO, especially when you memorise songs fast ;D).

Pepsi has changed their logo over 10 times and Coca-Cola hasn't changed theirs once.

Hi Friend.

Metro Atlanta is a thriving high tech business community with more fiber optic cable than any other city in the United States.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

There's a specific pressure point on your thigh where if pressed it can make you empty your bladder.

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

Koach2 can put a f***ing lead ball in your face 500 yards away with his Short Land Pattern Brown Bess Flintlock Musket.

Hi Friend.

The oddest... That's going to be hard to figure out...

The oddest fact/thing I can think of at this time is: Light from a lightbulb is just a waveform, while light from our sun is a combination of waveform and particle.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

There is no absolute consensus in the international community about where Earth's atmosphere ends and Space begins. The US Government deems people astronauts who venture higher in altitude than 50 miles (80km), NASA for mission logistics designates it at 76 miles (122km) and the French Space Administration maintains it at exactly 100km from sea level (62 miles).

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

That you can only see as far into the universe as the universe has existed?

Actually that may not be right... I can't remember. Oh I guess that would be if... No wait. Well anyways It has something to do with light.

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

Actually that may not be right... I can't remember. Oh I guess that would be if... No wait. Well anyways It has something to do with light.

The longer you keep a camera pointed at the night sky, the more of the universe you'll see?

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

The longer you keep a camera pointed at the night sky, the more of the universe you'll see?

When you look into the sky at night you see thousands if not millions of years in the past.

Hi Friend.

Yeah that's kinda what I was trying to say. You can only see to a certain point in the universe and that point would be when the universe was formed. As time passes that point will get farther away from us as more light reaches Earth.

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

Hubble's Ultra Deep Field is one of the best references there is of the oldest parts of the universe.

Hubble_Ultra_Deep_Field_part_d.jpg

(Small excerpt from the image)

The faint specking in the dark beyond the near galaxies are our farthest glances into the universal horizon, somewhere around 10-15 billion lightyears away, and consequently, 10-15 billion years old.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

The universe as it once was.

I wonder what I could look like now?

I'm alive and in this world. Odd.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

10-15 billion years sounds long but that to me actually makes our universe seem quite young.

Retired Forum Moderator

A group of researchers at the University of Pennsylvania, without ANY government or corporate funding, have developed what may be a cure for leukemia. With a SINGLE SHOT.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44090512/ns/health-cancer/?GT1=43001

Does that not blow your mind?

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...