Infamous 2: Festival of Blood

Sign in to follow this  

http://www.viddler.com/explore/sceablog/videos/2033/

To remind us that even in times of Twilight and the general wussification of vampires that they can still be badass. That's right ladies and gentlemen, for those of you who own a PS3 and inFAMOUS 2 (and if you have a PS3 and not inFAMOUS 2, what's your problem?) you can soon see the man with electric powers, fire powers, AND ice powers become a vampire. The MANLY kind, dammit! I'm so looking forward to this. Set to release sometime in October I believe. Thoughts, opinions, more info, etc here!

Edit: IGN says it's standalone, but get inFAMOUS 2 anyway, it's awesome.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Real vampires are in Vampire: The Masquerade- Bloodlines. I'm sure they would have done zombies if the market wasn't so flooded with zombie games.

Twilight is a bunch of crap, but True Blood is pretty okay. I watch it together with the misses a lot. Tend to get inspired afterward.

I don't own it because I'm incredibly poor :C

why you gotta make fun of me during the recession.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

Well, if Sony royally fucks up again, you could get it for free. But yeah, I guess money is a valid excuse, but once you can afford it, get it. As for Festival of Blood, I think it will be neat, but I will read reviews before buying, like with all my games.

Infamous 1 sucked so much, I really don't know about 2. No reviews say that much has changed. If anything they say it's "even better!".

Infamous 1 sucked so much

HAHAHAHAHHA OH GOD, that's funny, you're a real class clown Eedobaba. You should write a joke book, because your jokes are out of the park.

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

Infamous had no redeeming qualities. It was a pile of abysmal game design that should have been forgotten forever.

It was a insanely fun sandbox game that let you jump off rooftops and shoot lightning out of your hands.

I think you must've gotten this game mixed up with a truly abysmal game like GTAIV along the way.

Infamous had no redeeming qualities. It was a pile of abysmal game design that should have been forgotten forever.

Any specific examples of this? And have you even played the game? Or even the demo?

I played around 6 hours of Infamous. The only thing I can think of that was done sort of well were the acrobatics. And even with those, the climbing mechanics were pretty annoying.

john_madden_16962.jpg

Here's a guy who never read comic books!

All joking aside, InFamous 2 was far more original than most games out there, and I enjoy both of them wildly. As for abysmal game design? oh do tell.

Retired Forum Moderator

Do you want me to talk about the extremely repetitive gameplay? The enemies that feel about 10x more powerful than the player? The moral choice system that simply punishes you for being good? The horrendous voice acting? The absolutely annoying main characters? The ridiculous difficulty? The way every time you try to just explore, you get shot to death by enemies? The way Cole's "superpowers" feel overpowered by 5 guys with Uzi's?

I could go on. I hated this game. All I see in it now are 30 dollars which I'll never get back.

Do you want me to talk about the extremely repetitive gameplay? The enemies that feel about 10x more powerful than the player? The moral choice system that simply punishes you for being good? The horrendous voice acting? The absolutely annoying main characters? The ridiculous difficulty? The way every time you try to just explore, you get shot to death by enemies? The way Cole's "superpowers" feel overpowered by 5 guys with Uzi's?

I could go on. I hated this game. All I see in it now are 30 dollars which I'll never get back.

-Repetitive Gameplay- I didn't think it was repetitive.

-The enemies that feel about 10x more powerful than the player- Play easy mode? Other than bosses, this wasn't a problem for me.

-The moral choice system- It does make the good player weaker, but it does give replayability in the form of new powers, an alternate story, and extra side-missions.

-The horrendous voice acting- Cole is a bit "gravely", but otherwise I thought it was decent.

-The absolutely annoying main characters- What's annoying about them?

-The ridiculous difficulty- Have you tried easy mode?

-The way every time you try to just explore, you get shot to death by enemies- Again, easy mode? Also, more importantly, complete side-missions. Completing side-missions will keep enemies out of an area.

-The way Cole's "superpowers" feel overpowered by 5 guys with Uzi's- Dude, if this is happening, you're either playing it wrong or VERY early in the game.

-$30 I'll never get back-Sell it to some kid for $30?

You can't sell a download sadly.

And I never played it on anything higher than "Easy". I find it annoying that "Easy" was extremely challenging, and not in a good way.

As for annoying characters, are you actually implying that Cole and his fat friend DIDN'T annoy you? And on the main character's voice acting, it was absolutely laughable. It's like they were making a parody of bad action games.

"Hi I'm Cooooole.... I'm an action game character... gravely voice..."

yeah you need to utilize everything in this game. That's WHY I like it so much. You can't just go trololo and button mash one thing to win. static shield, shock grenades, megawatt hammer, I'll even hop my way up a wall in the middle of a fight and combat drop on top of them.

And I liked Cole's voice. It was weird at first but once you get used to it, his voice acting is actually better than most.

FAK I need to play this game now.

Retired Forum Moderator

You can't sell a download sadly.

And I never played it on anything higher than "Easy". I find it annoying that "Easy" was extremely challenging, and not in a good way.

As for annoying characters, are you actually implying that Cole and his fat friend DIDN'T annoy you? And on the main character's voice acting, it was absolutely laughable. It's like they were making a parody of bad action games.

"Hi I'm Cooooole.... I'm an action game character... gravely voice..."

Zeke is less useless in inFAMOUS 2 and Cole's voice is less gravely, but I can see where that could be annoying in the first one, though I didn't mind it. Also, do you stay on the ground when fighting? I find that it helps to use cover and/or get as high above the enemy as possible most of the time. (obviously, you can't climb in the sewer levels, so you have to use cover.) Another handy trick is that metal objects and bodies conduct electricity and your standard bolt doesn't drain your power, so you can zap something and then absorb the electricity from it.

Also, (Implied Spoiler?) If you still dislike Zeke in inFAMOUS 2, play it all the way through being evil... You'll see what I mean...

I'm so getting Festival of Blood. I love the inFamous games, and, I play as Good. I noticed something with the Karma system. Evil has very destructive powers, and you can eliminate a large number of enemies quickly, but do lots of damage to civilians with your powers. Good has more focused powers, and you do more damage to a single target, but you only hit that one target. I gotta admit though, that black lightning looks pretty badass.

"Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and asks the ghosts if honour matters! The silence is your answer." -Javik, Mass Effect 3