There is no need.

Sign in to follow this  

I just want to infrom you that there is no need for a ukrainian language subtitles as all ukrainians (especially youth who would watch FM) understand russian perfectly hence there is no need for ukrainian subtitles.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Are Ukrainian and Russian really mutually intelligible? I would think there would be some sort of difficulty.

It appears that there is a heated debate in the Ukraine (from my research) over the two languages. Some speak Ukrainian and others speak Russian. Russian is mainly spoken for business transactions while Ukrainian is mainly spoken in governmental transactions. Some feel that the "Russianization" (if that's a word) of the Ukraine is an offense or affront.

For this reason, I believe that both Ukrainian and Russian subtitles (if there's a demand for them; I don't know how many Russians versus Ukrainians watch AF stuff) should be offered. Even if 100% of the population of the Ukraine can speak Russian perfectly.

If someone is willing to translate into the languages, of course.

But don't look at me. I can only speak two languages: English and Bad English. :lol:

Are Ukrainian and Russian really mutually intelligible? I would think there would be some sort of difficulty.

Ukrainian is only spoken in villages and Lvov but all I assure you all youth speak russian there also watch mostly russian videos anyway as ukrainian lacks the slang words and technical words.

Ukrainian is the same as Luxembourgish, although it exists it is widely unpopular among the youth as it has a tendency to sound village like and has not as much slang words.Just as Luxembourgish it is mostly spoken in old villages without computers where Poland has influenced us badly (Ukrainian is polinization of Russian). I'm not disliking ukrainian, however internet videos and internet culture in general in Ukraine is basically 100% Russian.

Also the ones who feel russification is an offense don't watch af and are generally old fascists in the west who more resemble poles then ukrainians. You have to understand that Ukrainians and russians are ethnically the same group however since poland invaded us ukrainian got invented and is still used in villages and we have to learn it in school. It might be used formally but that's only for showoff. Privately almost everyone speaks russian even though statistics say people consider ukrainian as home language it is only "consider" so basically it's because they feel ashamed, which by the way is stupid. Canada speaks english not canadian. There is no USAian. The name Ukraine itself is pretty polish, it came to use after the polish invaded us, in reality the people who live here are rusyns. Russia historically is our colony but then we got weak and I already told about poland.

However Ukraine and Russian are different countries nowadays because of our political differeneces not cultural. You may compare Quebec and France as Ukraine and Russia.

The two languages are not mutually intelligible however anyone who uses a computer in Ukraine or goes to school knows russian.

So sorry, for the long post, I thought I should give a history lesson to make people fully understand.

Source: I've known and have ukrainian friends all around the country and I myself saw how people said when asked which language they consider their home language ukrainian however they don't even speak it fluently. I know Ukrainian history up to 95 % and took the subject in school.

If you want, you can keep this section though, I mean I'm just saying what I know.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."