Awesome Guns (real ones)

Sign in to follow this  

The title says it... Talk about guns (real ones only please), their ammo, and anything directly related to them.

I currently own an unregistered antique Marlin .22. (single shot, bolt action, rimfire, ironsights only)

I have more, but this is my favorite currently. I can hit a rabbit's eye at 250 yds with this thing, using subsonic high-grain ammo.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

alright that was quick. let's see i'm not a particular fan of hunting rifles but i do love the cheytac M200 intervention..wait that's not a hunting rifle...it should be.

I've always liked the Raufoss Mk 211 50 caliber round, it has the properties of a shotgun, the idea is, at impact, the bullet makes a 50 cal sized hole then explodes shrapnel, zirconium sparks, etc out the other side. it's a devastating round.

i find bolt-action far more rewarding in terms of accuracy than any other firing type.

recoil operated isn't bad.

i don't know much about gas powered, all i know is that the gas pressure form the firing of the bullet resets the hammer, i don't know how it is in terms of accuracy though.

Steve Reichert is my favorite sniper here's why:

QRYwMrsaLxs

I want to have some work of fiction in which the line is said

"This is not a gun. It is a scientific instrument that looks like a gun."

Regardless of what genre or story it would be set it, the entire following scene would write itself.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

I think I've mentioned this before, but I want an M1 Garand. I have a hard time believing that a rifle that's only semi-automatic and can hold eight rounds would be illegal in Canada.

Also, 1861 Springfield Rifle--those things are pretty.

quoting FPSrussia here. I am from a "small bitch country that doesn't allow assault rifles."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fucking Americans. Never mind that your country is the greatest achievement in all of man kind; never mind that your country was the first country in the world to be founded on the principle of individual rights in a world of collectivism; never mind that your country was the first country to recognize the fact that wealth was created i.e. you recognized that wealth was virtually limitless as opposed to a static quantity; never mind the fact that 19th century American capitalism increased the standard of living tenfold: Americans think they're the best at everything!

Little American got a one mile kill? So cute! Canadian sniper Arron Perry had a confirmed kill of over 1.4 miles; a few days later, Canadian sniper Rob Furlong had a confirmed kill of over one and a half miles. Both men came from the same Canadian sniper squad.

I'm just kidding; I love Americans--I'm one myself. It's just that Canadians get screwed out of history quite a bit--why is there no over dramatic documentary of Rob Furlong?

Canada may be an inferior country in many ways, but not when it comes to snipers.

Canada is good at lots of stuff. It's just less outspoken.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

quoting FPSrussia here. I am from a "small bitch country that doesn't allow assault rifles."

He's from USA.

Anyway, I have a lot of friends who fought in the afghanistan war, and all of them agree that the ak is the only weapon they would choose to fight with. The Taliban who initially had american weapons even threw those away and took the aks as they killed the soviets.

One guy told me that the unusual size of the bullet makes it so that when it hits one bone of the body it bounces of the bones to another. He also said he observed this when he came to one of his victims, as he saw how the bullet went of out of the head even though he shot him in the leg.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Fucking Americans. Never mind that your country is the greatest achievement in all of man kind; never mind that your country was the first country in the world to be founded on the principle of individual rights in a world of collectivism; never mind that your country was the first country to recognize the fact that wealth was created i.e. you recognized that wealth was virtually limitless as opposed to a static quantity; never mind the fact that 19th century American capitalism increased the standard of living tenfold: Americans think they're the best at everything!

Little American got a one mile kill? So cute! Canadian sniper Arron Perry had a confirmed kill of over 1.4 miles; a few days later, Canadian sniper Rob Furlong had a confirmed kill of over one and a half miles. Both men came from the same Canadian sniper squad.

I'm just kidding; I love Americans--I'm one myself. It's just that Canadians get screwed out of history quite a bit--why is there no over dramatic documentary of Rob Furlong?

Canada may be an inferior country in many ways, but not when it comes to snipers.

He must've missed the part right after that when they talked about Aaron Perry and Rob Furlong. Honestly, if I ever wanted to be a sniper for an army, it would have to be Canadian.

Favorite Guns:

Colt 1911 Pistol

welcome.jpg

Steyr AUG A3 Assault Rifle:

Steyr_Rifle_AUG_A3_DSEI_2005_ArmyRecognition_01.jpg

M1 Garand Rifle (known for it's infamous "ping" noise):

m1_garand.jpg

Hi Friend.

Canada is good at lots of stuff. It's just less outspoken.

You should make a topic and list all the stuff canada is good at :mrgreen:

Also, the best female sniper is from the SU hehe (Pavlichenko) so don't mess with our girls.

Check the list of best snipers here and decide yourself, the canadian is here too btw.

http://listverse.com/2009/11/13/top-10-snipers-in-history/

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoLF2-pT3pk This gun is said to best symbolize the old west. Uses the .45 Colt round, is pretty easy to clean and has been in production for 138 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvMcSnOMxkk The standard issue rifle for American soldiers in WW2, the Korean War and the Vietnam War. A semi-automatic rifle that used a fixed magazine with 8 insertable .30-06 "en bloc" clips. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVtDjNkOY-c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3MvUy-WMNE "The gun that won the west." Fired the .44-40 cartridge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2-1IZk1A28 Standard issue side arm for American soldiers in WW1 and is still in use today. Fired the .45 ACP round.

FAMAS. A bullpup assault rifle used by the French Military. Fires 25 or 30 5.56mm rounds. I had to link to Wikipedia because the only video on Youtube that didn't involve CoD wasn't in English and didn't have a translation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HdZ6WLrEnA The standard issue rifle for American soldiers since the Vietnam War. It fires 30 5.56mm rounds and the attachable M203 grenade launcher fires a 40mm grenade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiR4TFnixI4 The standard issue sidearm for American soldiers since 1985. Fires 15 9mm rounds.

A few of my favorites.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

The M1 Garand is so loud, I can't imagine any soldier actually firing it without getting severe hearing loss.

btw, Steven Riechart got 3 kills with one shot in 1 mile kill through a fucking wall. might be little bit impressive dude.

yea, i didn't read your last sentence, and i didn't know you were american..so yea, anyway, moving on.

I thought you are canadian....

aks74u-ts.jpg

AKS-74U-UBN with the BS-1 "Tishina" 30mm suppressed grenade launcher(shown detached, along with special blank launcher cartridge and 30mmHE-DPgrenade)

Caliber: 5.45x39 mm

Action: Gas operated, rotating bolt with 2 lugs

Overall length: 735 mm (490 mm with foldedbuttstock)

Barrel length: 210 mm

Magazine capacity, 30 rounds standard

Weight empty: 2,71 kg

Effective range: about 200 meters

Rate of fire: 650-735 rounds per minute

This is my favorite gun short of a heavily customized AK-47 Type 3, or a modified AK-200.

aks74u-ts.jpg

AKS-74U-UBN with the BS-1 "Tishina" 30mm suppressed grenade launcher(shown detached, along with special blank launcher cartridge and 30mmHE-DPgrenade)

This is my favorite gun short of a heavily customized AK-47 Type 3, or a modified AK-200.

Did you know that major variants of Ak's are released exactly every 27 years and are named by the year they start being in service?

(Ak-47 + 27 = Ak-74 + 27 = Ak-101)

Next major variant will be Ak-128 if they continue in this order.

aks74u-ts.jpg

Did you know that major variants of Ak's are released exactly every 27 years and are named by the year they start being in service?

(Ak-47 + 27 = Ak-74 + 27 = Ak-101)

Next major variant will be Ak-128 if they continue in this order.

The Galil is better IMO.

Hi Friend.

The Galil is better IMO.

The Galil is just an Israeli custom version of the AK-47. Not my kind of custom.

My custom AK-47 would use all custom parts. Precipitation-hardened martensitic stainless steel everything (except for the custom folding stock, and normally wood parts), custom machined, a longer barrel with a custom built-in suppressor, and a nice night vision/infrared scope (4x-6x max). Also, a custom semi-auto under-barrel suppressed 20mm grenade launcher with a 6 shot clip, and detonation timer. (based on distance, linked to laser rangefinder built into the scope. See the assault rifle's grenade launcher in the game Battlefield 2142)

If you're thinking any of that is unrealistic, or not available right now, then you're not a true gun nut. :lol: