Controller for PC

Sign in to follow this  

Ohai mark. I am looking to get a controller for my PC sometime in the near future(should get allowance in like a week or so). But i am not sure what to get. I have been looking at the Xbox controller, mainly because it seems to work with most newer games(or so i have been told). I guess i will probably get most controllers to work on every game with 3rd part software, but i'd rather have the comfort of being able to use it without such an hassle. Even if that means i have to use a slightly less comfortable controller(i also have been told the PS3 controller is a lot more comfortable). But are there any other controllers you recommend that i just haven't heard of?

also i say comfortable to much, derp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just use my PS3 controller on my PC for console games on my emulator, you'd be best to get a USB gamepad though because an Xbox controller costs about $20 more because it has the logo on it.

Don't get a PS3 controller though because you'd have to download some third party software like I had to.

I love my ps thwee controller, and I have tried numerous times to get it working with PC games. It's unbearably difficult, and requires a ton of third party drivers. One of which only uses blu-tooth access, so my plan of using the controller via USB wasn't going to work.

I use a Logitech Dual Action USB, you can find it online for real cheap, if you're familiar with the Dualshock this will be a very comfortable controller for you:

dual-action.jpg

If you have a higher budget you could also try the F710 which has vibration and is cordless (has a nicer design too)

41aY5%2BRSubL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

Well i just ordered a wired Xbox 360 one for 20eu shipping n all included so i guess this thread can be locked.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well i just ordered a wired Xbox 360 one for 20eu shipping n all included so i guess this thread can be locked.

Whatever floats your boat... Thread locked

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs