Ico and Shadow of the The Colossus

Which is your favorite?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite?

• Ico
    • Shadow of the Colossus
    • I've never played video games.

Sign in to follow this  

I know that like me, everyone else is counting down the days until Ico and Shadow of the Colossus are rereleased in HD. (Who wouldn't be?) Currently, as I'm sure everyone knows, there are only 4 days to go! :D

In the meantime, I thought I'd start a discussion of the games here. One of my favorite parts of these games are the hidden elements of story that they contain. I actually once wrote a pretty long essay on the connected histories of the two games and their influence taken from ancient mythologies like Hebrew. :geek:

Anyways, I always admired this series for being so artistically out there yet concrete and understandable.

But what are they?

Well the first game you run around dragging some white chick that black shadow guys try to throw down a hole. You also have a stick to smash stuff with. :|

Ive never gotten further then when you get up ontop of the castle for the first time, some flying shadow ass kept stealing the white chick and flying off... I stopped playing around there.

But what are they?

Well the first game you run around dragging some white chick that black shadow guys try to throw down a hole. You also have a stick to smash stuff with. :|

Ive never gotten further then when you get up ontop of the castle for the first time, some flying shadow ass kept stealing the white chick and flying off... I stopped playing around there.

Sounds like you were expecting something dumb. I guess Ico isn't your kind of game.

Never heard of Ico, kinda looks like Ecco. :P

I do know what Shadow of The Colossus is, and since having a game in HD doesn't really matter to me if I ever decide I wanna play it I'll buy it cheaply for the PS2.

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

lol, surprising so few people have played Shadow. Everyone that's ever played it can vouch for it being ten times better than any other game ever released.

I have heard about it. Isn't it the game where you climb up giants or something? Because i have seen some gameplay of that. And even though i don't know what the gameplay is like, the artstyle/atmosphere look great. It actually looks like you're climbing something BIG.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Really, I can't recommend SotC more. :)

And yes, you are climbing BIG things. The fifth colossus is a gigantic bird that you have to climb on while it's flying. Look it up on Youtube if you want, but I'd suggest not spoiling the epicness for yourself. That's not to say the fifth is the biggest though. The final colossus is the size of a skyscraper, and you can certainly feel that.

My favorite part of the game myself is the journey to the colossus. You basically ride your horse through the landscape, but it's just so utterly beautiful. There's a land bridge to the south west that overlooks a cascading field of waterfalls, next to a cliff bordered by a thick forest. It's seriously one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen in a game.

BTW, 3 more days before International Awesome Day

Hmmm, maybe i should set up the old ps2 in my apartment and give the game anothere go, i might have missed something here. : /

What!? None of you have played Shadow of the Colossus? That's one of my favorite games ever, as well as of all time. I haven't played it in a while, but since I pretty much hoard every game I ever buy, it's probably stashed away in my library of games.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Just started playing SotC in HD. It's very pretty and runs extremely smoothly. You can tell the age of things like terrain textures, but I'm still loving the whole look. :D