School Uniform Policies

Should schools require uniforms?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should schools require uniforms?

• Other (please explain)
    • No
    • Yes

Sign in to follow this  

I dont know about the rest of the world, but here in Sweden, we HAVE to go to school its a law. Now if people want education then fine by me, but I dont want to go 6 hours a day to repeat shit I learned in the 3rd grade.... The government just wants slaves who works for them....

And by that I mean: HELL NO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDl6iuku_mw

I know, why should I go for 6 hours reviewing 1st grade crap, when I could learn everything I need for THIS grade for 2 hours a day?

Anyway I hate uniforms. My old school forced us to wear polo shirts and dress pants, or for girls, skorts (hideous). The made us tuck our shirts in. Do you know how stupid a tucked-in polo shirt looks? And if you had so much as a millimetre untucked you got a detention. :x One day our dumbass principle said that because it is so hot, you can untuck your shirt. What the hell's the point of that? :?:?:

At my brother's school, there was this asshole of a teacher that made them tuck their dress shirts in. No other teacher bothered, so as soon as they went around a corner, they just pulled it out. :lol:

\m/ (^_^) \m/

Rock on.

O/

/|

/ \ This is Bob. Copy and paste Bob and soon he will take over internetz!

I know, why should I go for 6 hours reviewing 1st grade crap, when I could learn everything I need for THIS grade for 2 hours a day?

Exactly, private or digital homeschooling ftw!!!!

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Never had to wear uniforms before. EVERY OTHER school in my district has to wear uniforms, but not mine, and I feel SO lucky for that. I couldn't bear wearing a polo and slacks like my sister. Absolutely dreadful :?

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

This is why schools should never have abandoned "tracking." Instead, they should have perfected it.

But nooooo... some IDIOTS decided that it was better for a kid's "self-esteem" if everybody was taught in the same group... even though that meant that the teacher had to slow down everybody's pace so that the dull kids could keep up.

Which leaves the normal kids bored and acting out, and the smart kids... well, they TOTALLY lose us. And then we get blamed.

Remember reading circles? Where each student has to read a part of the story, as they go around the class? I can't tell you how many times I took crap because I'd made it through the whole damn Reading textbook while Bung-o Jones was still reading "and...then...the... uh... uh... caterpillar..."

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Remember reading circles? Where each student has to read a part of the story, as they go around the class? I can't tell you how many times I took crap because I'd made it through the whole damn Reading textbook while Bung-o Jones was still reading "and...then...the... uh... uh... caterpillar..."

Same exact thing happened to me. (mocking teacher voice) Oh, you shouldn't read ahead, you'll become too smart and find out how much of a crapsack world we live in. No, we want you to be a dumb sheep, so that you'll become mindless zombies to whatever the government wants. :twisted:

\m/ (^_^) \m/

Rock on.

O/

/|

/ \ This is Bob. Copy and paste Bob and soon he will take over internetz!

We have Cambridge courses, which I'm in, which is comprised of 25-30 smart kids who can do work and help each other cheat on quizes (our class is the laziest I've EVER seen) Then you've got AP courses, which are college credit courses at high-school level. Then there's Honors, which is standard, but a little advanced over what you'd get in a "normal" course. Then you have College Prep, or CP, which is a remedial class for idiots and assholes alike. I'm in AP and Cambridge, of course :)

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I don't see the harm in them for the most part. It might provoke kids to actually have a personality instead of let their clothing define themselves.

A friend of mine went to a school that was trying to enact a uniform policy. Unfortunately, the policy required students to buy very expensive clothing that most students didn't already own, and it was a public school. I don't think that's right, as it is discriminating against those children who come from families that are unable to afford such clothing.

I don't see the harm in them for the most part. It might provoke kids to actually have a personality instead of let their clothing define themselves.

Some clothes don't define a person. People define clothes. I think you should have the right to express yourself through what you wear.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Some clothes don't define a person. People define clothes. I think you should have the right to express yourself through what you wear.

You also have the right to put on a hat. However that's against the rules in the game of football (soccer) isn't it? And that is because football is an organization, once you enter it, your rights are restricted. You can't play football in a hat, even if it is religious.

A school is also an organization. Schools differ from each other, but all have rules. You must follow them or you will be kicked out. Choose a school which has rules that you like.

What's there not to understand. :|

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Because I don't like to follow rules without good reasons.

You don't have to, I repeat once again, choose a school of which the rules are the way you like them.

I have and I will

However I can still complain about the schools that do have the rule ^^

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can.... and many will complain about your type of schools :)

So-it-begins-the-great-shitstorm-of-our-time.jpg

This is gonna be good until the mods get here. Unless they already are.. :shock:

I disagree. This isn't 4chan--I think this community is a lot more mature and we can carry on pleasant conversations.

You go to Radio Shack, I'll go to NASA. Who's got the better computers? ;)

Your logic, many faults it has.

Actually, I think NASA are still using the same computers from the moon landing days (could be wrong about this). They had less computing power than a cell phone and were much more expensive than privately made computers.

Private companies are NOT the source of the best stuff. I'm sorry but low-quality junk comes from everywhere: the fact is that competition has good points and bad points and it is definitively not perfect (I'm looking intensively at the concept of making stuff un-repearable so you instead have to buy new products instead. This leads to less resistant products being created as well as a plethora of enviromental problems).

Granted, low-quality junk comes from everywhere, but those places lose out to those who make high-quality junk. If something government-run is bad, it doesn't necessarily die--unlike bad corporations in capitalism.

Capitalism also fails on several points, especially pure capitalism

IT'S ON, BITCH.

No, just kidding. This thread isn't about capitalism--I just gave the capitalist response.

First, there's the whole better education banner. As far as I'm concerned this is untrue. I have friends who have gone to private school and I didn't see a terribly big difference in the education they received.

That's because there's no such thing as a truly private school. Private schools still have to teach what the government says to teach; they only difference between the education content of a public school and the educational content of a private school is that you have to pay for the latter.

Secondly there's the concept of better grades in private schools. Most private schools usually boot those who don't have the grades. Where do these people go? to the public system (unless they pay to stay . . .). End of point

This is another example of anti-capitalism context-dropping. Grades (like everything else) do not exist outside a context. In this context, it's class average. In private schools, if everyone gets 90-100 percent in every course, if you get a ninety, you're bottom of your class.

Regarding your opinion why public school is immoral amazes me. That's why we live in a democracy, so that you can go speak out your opinion at the school council-thingy (not sure how you call those). Public school is actually more democratic for that than private schools, because you have a say on how things are done (usually. Exceptions always exist).

And this is one of the many reasons democracy is evil. Your argument rests on the premise, "the majority says that public school is good, therefore it's good!". (argument ad populum)

See, I believe that individual rights are an absolute and can never be morally abridged. Democracy says they can be morally abridged, if the majority says it's ok.

I don't know about you, but I think murder is bad even if everyone on the planet said it was good.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 64 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.