Signatures getting removed

UCP - Board Preferences - Edit display options - set Display Signatures to no.

Would probably be a more forum user friendly move to make that known than to shut it off for everyone, including those who enjoy the art sigs bring to the forum.

Just sayin'. :/

Retired Forum Moderator

UCP - Board Preferences - Edit display options - set Display Signatures to no.

Would probably be a more forum user friendly move to make that known than to shut it off for everyone, including those who enjoy the art sigs bring to the forum.

Just sayin'. :/

dFlOZFSIsMQ
Shouldn't there be a setting that woud let people that don't want to see them block them all?

finalfg.png

This is my manual sig, my act of civil disobedience.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I'm more than a bit irritated by this move but it's Ross's forum so I wont complain too much. I'm in agreement with the suggestion to have an option that allows you remove sigs, I know that people like Bjossi would also appreciate this.

finalfg.png

This is my manual sig, my act of civil disobedience.

wcower7.gif

Look, you're not the one getting 2+ emails a day complaining about the signatures, with a significant portion of them about My Little Pony. I have plenty of other legitimate emails (about 200) I'm behind on without having to add all these as well. The large signatures in general I wasn't fond of and was told weeks ago it wasn't a fixable situation (though that stance was changed recently). Regardless, it puts me in a position to defend something I don't really care about in the first place. I'd rather focus more on getting more videos out, cleaning up the website, and adding functionality to it.

As for the ponies, I don't really understand the burning desire to post them everywhere, but I can understand the perspective of the people complaining about them that they seemed to be saturating the forum. I remember looking at a few general threads and in some of them it looked like half the images, many of them large and / or animated, were of ponies. At that point, the pony pictures are becoming spam, which I don't like. So I'm asking that you don't create manual image signatures to circumvent this, it only recreates the original problem. If you're hellbent on posting irrelevant pictures to every post, you'll be banned for spamming. This whole situation has become way bigger of a deal than it should be. The forum is for taking about topics you're interested in. Signatures are being removed, it's not the end of the world.

eh it's not the worst thing in the world...(now that i think of it, i think KT won't be getting anymore graphic requests (at least from a signature standpoint :/)) the only inconvenience i had was re-finding the text musical notes then finding the lyrics again, very inconsequential though. well if this move stops you from getting so many emails then it's all good.

I don't hate you.

eh it's not the worst thing in the world...(now that i think of it, i think KT won't be getting anymore graphic requests (at least from a signature standpoint :/)) the only inconvenience i had was re-finding the text musical notes then finding the lyrics again, very inconsequential though. well if this move stops you from getting so many emails then it's all good.

I don't hate you.

You did exactly what I was worried about (youtube in the signature). Now I have to disable signature BBCode altogether. I was hoping nobody would realise it was possible.

My opinion on this matter:

While it is understandable that large signatures are very distracting and can

make page size larger than monitor size (Rainbow Dash), a signature is kind of a form of self-expression that a forum-user has. If you complained about Rainbow Dash's sigs, that's understandable, but most of the people with sigs (a lot of them from KT) had modest-sized images, whether they were of ponies or something else. Complaining that a My Little Pony fan has ponies in their area of posting that allows them to freely express themself, is downright immature and ridiculous. Don't complain because you don't like what they like. Pony spam in threads, on the other hand, has been dramatically reduced from the forum war we had before, and as far as I see, you can't complain if a pony image is relevant.

In short, signatures should allow pictures, but the picture sizes should be limited. And if a person exceeds that limit, warn them once, then ban them. Something this insignificant should not become cumbersome to Ross. Anti-Bronies, grow up and stop complaining about how many forums are being overrun by ponies, because that's not happening anymore. Bronies, check the size and relevance of your pictures before posting. And, if you have a minor complaint, don't email Ross. That's like calling the President because Jehovas keep knocking on your door. PM a mod before you go about making a huge deal out of small issues.

Thank you for your time.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

No, it's an issue with using BBCode for signature images altogether. If we had the images stored on the server and forced the user to upload them, we could apply a size limit similar to avatars. And even apply an image limit that forced the user to only use one small image.

However, this would sort of ruin how some users like to put their Steam profile pic in their signature which needs to be constantly updated via an img tag.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

That's what I was originally thinking, but I didn't know if it would be doable. If it is, then that should work. Sig image limits should be like 800x200, Methinks?

And you know how the Engineer always says "Use more gun."

Well in this case "Use more mods"

I would certainly be willing to split up the users and check their signatures with a couple others.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Anti-Bronies, grow up

Grow up??? Who are the 20 -30 year old guys praising ponies like it was the freakin sense of their life and putting ponies everywhere to terrorize everyone with so called "love and frienship"?? Freeman would kick your assess with a crowbar if he knew what so called grown up men are fascinated with. Enforcing everyone to watch ponies on every random forum you post at is just a pure internet terrorism. I know bronies were banned from 4chan and other forums.

And the top of it all was the pink pony greeting with the accursed cow. I'm sure this picture showed the pony just a second before it was eaten by the red -eyed bovine. Graphics, logos and other materials presented here should be the only pictures you praise on the forum and the guy showed just elemntary lack of respect to Ross by putting a freakin pony on it. If the guy would place a pony on some well known corporation logo, he would get a dozen of lawers on his pink ass immediatelly. I don't care if these were cars, combustable lemons or f*ckin chickens that you would praise. Spamming others and oversaturation would still cause you trouble.

Thank you for your time :D

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Except you're wrong. People at older ages appreciate the show because Lauren Faust did an amazing job at creating yet another amazing show. Would you hate someone just for being 30 and liking Spongebob or Invader ZIM? No, because it's a classic cartoon and people respect it. This is the same concept. What, grown men aren't aloud to say "awww" at something that the majority of people find adorable? They can only watch Cops and Sports Channels and the only hobbies they can have are weight-lifting and binge-drinking? Women's suffrage was one thing. Now women have more active roles in society. So why can't there be a crossover. Why is it sexy for a girl to like video games but if a guy likes dolls, he's a queer? Yeah, society can be a bitch, but you don't have to be the one who makes it like that.

And really? You're going to call it terrorism? Pony SPAMMING has been a problem on other forums, yes. But on this one, terms have been agreed to between everyone on the overposting of ponies. Posting this:

-pinkie-pie-24900084-120-120.jpg

is just as relevant as posting this:

what_up_homie.jpg

So yes, YOU are the one who needs to grow up because you can't tolerate something that is out of the social norm and YOU need to grow up because a relevant image or an image that expresses someone's personality makes you insecure and makes you feel like you have to complain about it.