September Scramble

Sign in to follow this  

Well in the August update I said I was absolutely going to be done with the animation for Civil Protection that month. That ended up being not completely true. I actually was done with the animation at one point while I was waiting for material from other people, but then I got the material, so I'm no longer done with the animation. That and the new Freeman's Mind episode + website revision probably set me back at least a week and a half. There's the joke about "Valve Time" which I seem to be doing an admirable job of following. I honestly wonder if the Valve staff is so delayed because of dealing with engine agony the way I do or if it's for other reasons.

The good news is that I'm getting very close to being done with the animation. So much so, I've prepared a progress report on what's left to be done before I can film everything. It's been declassified CIA-style, so you can read it with no fear of spoilers:

Tunnel Status

I'm still waiting on some material from other people, so what will probably end up happening is that I'll work until I can't work on anything else again, then start on the next Freeman's Mind episode. So this month is likely to be a blended mania of finishing the animation, filming, and working on Freeman's Mind. In an attempt to shoot myself in the foot again, I intend for all animation and filming to be done for the CP episode this month. The sound editing will be mostly out of my hands, so I'm giving no time estimate for that, however if that ends up taking a long time, all that means is I'll start on Freeman's Mind sooner.

More features and changes are still being planned for the website, though they probably won't get my full attention until after I'm done with the CP animation work. Same goes for subtitles.

"Tell Ryan he's a drunk and will never amount to anything in life"

... This made me lol for several minutes.

Also, I'm very intrigued about monkeys. And bloody disasters involving monkeys. Please tell me this is the plot of "The Tunnel" is they find a hidden lair underneath an old Zoo or something and there is a colony of monkeys hidden within and they have to stop them from taking over the city.

Wow *eyes glisten* Ross is a super hero saving us from the monkeys. Don't worry Mr. Scott your secret is safe with us! Also good luck.

I replaced the blacked out parts with dirty words. Strangly it makes sense that Dave is going to **** Mike in his ***, and then they full on ****. NOW YOU CAN'T FOOL ME ROSS, WE ALL KNOW WHAT 'THE TUNNEL' REALLY IS.

:3

Hey *****, nice to ***** from you. Being a complete ***** as I am, I'm a little ***** about the difference between animation and filming. I honestly ******** when you animated ****** that was it and the scene was ready. Does this mean you "script" the scenes first (with written code or something) and then record them?

Sorry for ****** such a *******. I hope everything works ******, ****** for the monkeys ****** and ******* the ****** aliens of something.

J.C.

Man, sorry i just got here and i saw your last blog post....im currently studying Multimedial Design and i know stuff about Web Designing too, you can keep working on your vids, ill try to show you something im capable to do this sunday, just give me some time.

Hey, an update . I was really glad to hear that the animation work was nearing it's conclusion. Though I bet that the animation and filming for "The Tunnel" won't be done at the end of the month.. or the next one.. it will be done ever sooner!!! Go Ross, everyone is supporting you!!!