September Scramble

Sign in to follow this  

um you already shot your self in the foot? very funny... nice work

question: should this man be worshipped as a god?

answer: heck yeah

Animation (AKA Accursed 'Motion' Farms): Moving heads up and down, scripting people walking, implementing custom animation files. Takes FAR longer than filming. All this is then transported to the Accursed 'Film' Farms...

Filming: Uses a combination of the built-in Source Recorder and Demo Smoother programs to record frames of people doing the above animation, then there's processing footage, compressing and editing. Whole thing will probably take around a week or so (or less).

After Effects: Apart from any additional visual editing, the footage is transported to the Accursed 'Sound' Farms where foley people work on implementing things like footstep noise, monkey screams, ambiance, dialogue and general sound effects. Hopefully won't take more than a week or two.

Ross, that post of yours wins. I am confident to say it is the best Accursed Farms blog post to date.

Im psyched about the new Civil P i think Ross you should hold it back till october (if its done before) and claim that the original announcement that it would come out in october 2009 was a computer error and the episode is completely on schedule for its originally set october 2010 release

There's something weird going on with the Accursed Farms banner. Sometimes it doesn't load properly...

I took a screen shot, I wonder If I can include it in the comment...

Haha, who knows. You may have it ready just before Halloween. If I remember correctly, that was a target when you originally announced working on it.

I watched some youtube tutorials on the demo smoother. The interface looked relatively simple, but the guy doing the video sure took his time trying to get the timing and path of the cameras right. Plus, he got some glitches that he said were unavoidable... and he dealt with them by deleting frames (!). I also looked at tutorials for Faceposer and something called Garry's Mod... I can see how producing videos using these tools would be a very time consuming proposition, if you want the final product to have some degree of quality.

Maybe once I get a new machine I'll give it a try (my current PC is... "old school").

J.C.

P.S. I stopped looking when I got to a Bohemian Rhapsody Machinima... It just got a bit too surreal for me to see the G-man, Barney, Dr. Breen and Dr. Kleiner singing

I enjoy your ████ but I must tell you that you ████ put more ████████ into the ██████████ ████████ ███████ and you can't █████ the viewer ███████ more ██████ or more █████ or more █████. You must ████ the correct ███████ of ██████████ that the watchers ██████ and you must leave the ██████ wanting to █████ the next ███████.

"Black Mesa Is Some Hot Shit" - Kotaku.com

"Black Mesa Is Some Slow Shit (along with HL2 ep.3 and 'The Tunnel') - Aldibar.com

Dang it! I can't be anonymous anymore!!!

JK Ross, keep up the fantastic work!

btw, can we add images to posts? that would be RAaAaAaAaAaDiCal yo!

Indeed. As I type, there is a piece of paper underneath my keyboard which underlines each step to do in Demo Smoother in the event of recording for myself. It is very helpful. D.S. can be complicated, but once you do it a few times, it's fairly straightforward. As you say, there are a few glitches, and they "can" be fixed by deleting specific frames, but that usually happens when the camera moves a lot. Ross normally uses it for still angles, but when it does move, it's usually a simple A to B procedure either with the camera's position or its view position, but hardly both.

And yes, I agree. "Is this the reeal-life..." is pretty much more than enough to see of Rhapsody for myself.

Demosmoother can be a pain, and filming can be time-consuming compared to other techniques, but honestly the filming process is NOTHING compared to the animation end.

Hey Ross, good to be here, (finally, lol) I was kinda hoping to ask you what you thought of my own mind series. I may be 14, (But I also have the voice of a 17 yr. old.) It is based off the HL mod "They Hunger" and I know the story starts off as you being a journalist and blah, blah, blah... And your charecter doesn't have a name either >_> Just wanted your permission and/or opinion, once again, nice to be here