Skyrim review *SPOILERS*

Sign in to follow this  

Let me start by giving Bethesda a big round of applause (claps wildly). Seriously though Bethesda has outdone themselves this time, I remember the first time I watched Oblivion gameplay, I was astonished by the environment and its graphics for the time. Soon after that my brother got the game, and I watched him play it alot (and I played it to of course).

On 11-11-11 Skyrim made me forget all about Oblivion and just sit there, mouth open, watching the action. The game starts out with your character on a prison wagon because they were caught trying to get across the border. After hearing some dialogue you are allowed to get off the wagon and customize your character. The customization system is so fluent and yet so simple, all you have to do is pick your race and fix them up (obviously).

After this you are put through the tutorial stage which gives you armor, weapons, and experience. When you are done with this you are sent to the humble town of Riverwood, but you don't have to go there yet you can go and explore to your hearts content before even getting the first part of the story done. Now this is a wonderful feature that I love in all of Bethesdas games, Customize your character, do the tutorial, and then your free to go.

The movement is very good ,and very realistic, as well. Looking back on Oblivion and seeing the clunky style of movement in all forms was just hideous to me after seeing Skyrim (personal opinion). I figure that I should touch on the combat style to so here goes, it isn't bad at all. The combat style is actually the smoothest that I have seen in like any game, and there are a number of things to choose to fight with. Swords, Shields, Daggers, and the other obvious guff is nothing compared to having Magic, Staffs, Warhammers, Maces, and even Hand to hand combat. And to add to that, you can dual wield anything, you want a staff and sword Gandalf style? you got it,you want to dual wield magic and be an Arch-Mage? go right on ahead.

No boundaries at all except for the borders of the world, the world is yours to love, hate, pillage, plunder, cheat, or help. Also to touch on something else, yes their are Werewolfs in Skyrim, and yes I am one. I did it by drinking the blood of an inner circle member of the Companions in Whiterun (the first place I went, so I was one from the beginning), but I dont want to ramble about that so I will move onto something else. Marriage, that tender feeling, that dream within a dream can be yours, all you have to do is wear a amulet of Mara (who controls marriage and love) and then you can go and find a specially named NPC and ask them if you are interested. My wife is in Whiterun and she works at the Inn, being married has many benefits as well, some of them are that your spouse will feed you, come with you on quests, and even give you profit from the shop if they have one or work in one.

The Guilds are much better now as well, I am Arch-Mage of the College of Winterhold, the leader of the Companions, The leader of the Nightingales, and the Thieves guild. Lets stop here a moment and look over the quest lines of these guilds, they are the best I have seen for any group, society, pack, cult, or gang I have ever seen. The guild members treat you right and help you, they train you and give things to you just like a family. And after you finish with them? well that's just it you never do finish with them, there is ALWAYS something for you to do.

Take Oblivion for example when you finish with the Dark Brotherhood you are done, except for going every week to the statue of the Night Mother and getting a list of names of people that need to get killed, but do you do the assassinations? no all you do is get paid, and the guild takes care of it. This is a fully revamped game and everything in it is innovative and new, and well yes it is fun. Will it get GOTY? probably so. Will I play it 4 years from now? probably so. When the next Elder Scrolls game comes out will I dump this game and move on? maybe. It was worth the 60 bucks, in fact it is worth much more than that, like 160 bucks. If you don't have it already and you read this anyway regardless of the spoiler alert at the start then get it right now, and enjoy it dear world.

-Very7684

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

This is the end of the line, and I'll rip you apart for what's inside.

Compensating wealth for what's more and more worthlessness.

The end of fear, the end of your life, I'll kill you right now, fucking die.

hmm, as always i love offering good feedback.

you should separate sections into paragraphs, it's polite to the reader. :)

sorry about that, but I think I fixed it

Yeah, definitely paragraph your review more and give it some structure. Just a block of text is actually hard to read and puts people off. Other than that, it's a good review.

Thanks alot, I appreciate that people actually read it XD