A good mind-fucking anyone?

Sign in to follow this  

Do you like murder mysteries? Do you like anime? Do you like having your mind utterly and totally screwed over? Well then this is the show for you!

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, or When They Cry, is a Japanese murder mystery anime that will screw your mind! Ignore the cuteness at the begining, and remember: IT WILL ALL BE EXPLAINED EVENTUALLY. However the final explanation comes in season 2, which is subbed-only, and is called Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai.

Come my minions, join me in this madness!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDyh1GO3uiQ#ws

The show isn't that much of a mind-fuck. It's just another shocking example of cute characters beating the violent crap out of each other. Except this time there's actually a plot involved.

edit: fixed some typos is all.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I didn't really see much of a mind-fuck. Kink of strange. Mostly because of the generic "cute" art style.

Though maybe I'm just desensitized since I've seen and read worse shit. Not to mention I'm a huge fan of Berserk. good luck with that one. Especially if you're reading the manga and not just watching the toned down anime. :)

Oh, no. I watched the first 3 episodes. And those reminded me a sentence from Freeman's mind: "Come, play with us Gordon forever and ever and ever...". And strange thing is I have never watched animes before (except for Death Note) and I feel I have to see how is the story goes.

**edit**

I was watching ep4 and suddenly my sister appeared behind me and asked what I'd been watching and can I help her with something. :shock: She scared the shit out of me. So that's it, I'm going to my bed and trying to get some sleep.

"It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... the way it is. It's about respecting the will of others, and believing in your own."

Oh, no. I watched the first 3 episodes. And those reminded me a sentence from Freeman's mind: "Come, play with us Gordon forever and ever and ever...". And strange thing is I have never watched animes before (except for Death Note) and I feel I have to see how is the story goes.

**edit**

I was watching ep4 and suddenly my sister appeared behind me and asked what I'd been watching and can I help her with something. :shock: She scared the shit out of me. So that's it, I'm going to my bed and trying to get some sleep.

The line ""Come, play with us Gordon forever and ever and ever..." is a joke referring to the Shining.

B8f_HaRxRbA

I didn't really see much of a mind-fuck. Kink of strange. Mostly because of the generic "cute" art style.

Though maybe I'm just desensitized since I've seen and read worse shit. Not to mention I'm a huge fan of Berserk. good luck with that one. Especially if you're reading the manga and not just watching the toned down anime. :)

The manga for the Higurashi franchise is much more satisfying than the anime. If you can, I'd suggest reading it.

The manga for the Higurashi franchise is much more satisfying than the anime. If you can, I'd suggest reading it.

I'm glad you took the time to say that. I was just thinking before I even typed out my initial reply.. "hmm I think the wiki said something about a manga". Which is more my preference anyway. I'll definitely check it out on friday/Weekend. I'll give a proper opinion at that time.

Edit/update

read the 14 chapters that I could find of the manga. you hyped it up too much. Since whatever disturbing content there was, wasn't really as much of a mindfuck as I was expecting. The beginning with the institution was more or less the peak. Then it just kind of went nowhere particularly interesting.

Sorry, was kind of hoping to give a better evaluation. :(