ASMR (AKA Tingly Scalp)

Sign in to follow this  

Depends if it's sexual. If you're talking sexually, it's just he's horny and wants in your pants, as arousal increases dopamine levels, which has been found to shut down your ability to recieve ASMR. If it's non-sexual, then what you said is most likely true.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

So anyways... I suppose I might have gotten it today. The sensation I mean. I was walking down some stairs at my school while I repeated "Hi, my name is. What? My name is. Who? My name is. Check it Check it. Twilight Sparkle." in my head. It started on the back of my head and spread to my face... So it was either that... or a stroke.

wat.

\m/ (^_^) \m/

Rock on.

O/

/|

/ \ This is Bob. Copy and paste Bob and soon he will take over internetz!

Huh, I don't think I've ever had an ASMR experience before. Seriously, I'm trying to think of a time where I've reacted like this to something, but I can't. The closest thing I can recall is my heartbeat rising when listening to certain songs, but I have a feeling that's something else.

Yes. Musical effects are considered Frisson.

Listen to this. Get yourself calm and then focus on the video and the sounds. Sometimes it helps to watch the video, too. Also, headphones are recommended:

cdu3Of2sJmA

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Yeah, I got nothing from that video or the one in the OP. Maybe my mind is just too active, even when calm. I dunno.

TBH, you're not really missing out on much. It's nice but I don't actively seek it out.

Then you obviously don't get it very strongly? o____O

I get it, but very rarely. It feels nice and I can see why people would seek to experience it but it's no better than other things you can do with your body to enjoy themselves.

The way it seems to me, Nagisa and I have enough ASMR to light up every forumer's body like a Christmas tree. Everybody's different, but when I get mine, I feel like I'm sitting in a massage chair that simultaneously stimulates my brain's pleasure center.

I actively seek out ASMR more commonly since this thread. Since it helps me to relax my entire body. Without the need for sleep, massages, or any other means that don't simply involve playing a youtube video with my headphones on. It's great really, since relaxation helps me focus on my assignments.

Holy crap, I think I just helped someone! I feel awesome right now. I'm glad to hear it helps you. To the "Made my Day" thread! :D