Another Geforce 560 card

Sign in to follow this  

A new Geforce 560 has card has come out, called literally Geforce 560 Ti with 448 cores.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/nvidia_rolls_out_special_edition_gtx_560_ti_448_cores

I've been wanting to upgrade for a while, I'd love something like this, it feels like a cheaper version of the 570, with barely a performance drop. It also looks like the 560 line-up is Nvidia's new 8800, considering their naming schemes. Compare:

Geforce 8800 models:

Geforce 8800 GS

Geforce 8800 GT 256MB

Geforce 8800 GT 512MB

Geforce 8800 GT 1GB

Geforce 8800 GTS 320MB

Geforce 8800 GTS 640MB

Geforce 8800 GTS 512MB

Geforce 8800 GTX

Geforce 8800 Ultra

Considering the massive speed differences between some models, it's one of their worst naming schemes in their history. Here's the 560:

Geforce GTX 560 1GB

Geforce GTX 560 2GB

Geforce GTX 560 Ti 1GB

Geforce GTX 560 Ti 2GB

Geforce GTX 560 Ti 2Win

Geforce GTX 560 Ti With 448 Cores

Like the 8800, it becomes more comical considering how some of the models with less memory will be faster in almost all applications than others with more memory.

What's up with the naming schemes for graphics cards these days? Across the board, I'd say a lot of them are fairly hard to follow just based on the name/number. Of course, a little research helps alleviate any difficulties, but still.