The Recluse (Gordon went paranoid) a scary story

Sign in to follow this  

I can se we're going fashionable with story writing! :mrgreen: I can compete with a pony :P (Actually I don't like competeing in art...) I wrote this yesterday night with a sudden struck of inspiration by a song of the same title...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5TxIynodew&ob=av3e <<

Enjoy my story and feel free to comment :)

EDIT: HERE YOU CAN FIND BOTH CHAPTERS OF THE STORY, WITH THE SECOND THAT I'M TOO SHY TO PUBLISH HERE http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8057525/1/The_bRecluse_b

He was closed. For all. The room was closed. He took of the suit off and all he had left was underwear. He felt like the suit attracts them. He had to get rid of it! But also, it was impossible, because he was already shut down in this old bunker. He hoped it was a bunker. The door was solid, sound doesn't travel beyond this space. They won't, they can't find him.

He hid his head in his arms, sitting in fetal position. That was the best he could do for now… Before he dies. It felt so close, so damn close… But still far away, until he stayed in this dark and pretty warm space. His body was in pain. Not because of physical effort… He was so much in stress, the whole body couldn't handle it anymore. Sweat was dripping down and he got a glimpse of a thought, he'd get dehydrated before a fast zombie can run down to him, carrying this horrible scream.

He pressed his back closer to the soulless surface of the wall. It was solid, cold, dirty and covered in these cheap, color drained tiles. This could be some creepy bathroom in some mental institution… Even better. It fits him.

He heard a very distant howling… and moaned shortly himself, in terror.

"Shit" Said to himself with broken voice. "I'm such a coward…I'm just finished…"

He slowly stretched his arms and body in order to move to the other part of his hideout…or rather, to crawl there. The body was stiff and even in all it's glory it looked tired and weak.

He knew he's not thinking clear, although it wasn't clear to him what is true or false lately… The fear felt so real, filling in his body like a broken dish… dripping slowly from up, to the bottom. And barely flowing away… Just enough so he could flex some muscles, that's all.

The howl repeated again and it wasn't so distant anymore.

"Oh my god!" He cried and panicked. "And I don't even believe in god…"Commented quietly, as if he wanted to calm himself…

He looked around in haze, barely seeing abandoned suit in the dim light. His eyes were wide open and shining with fear. It was stupid to leave the suit! It was idiotic to let himself to use all the ammo and then just lose his crowbar.

The dirty and rusty floor appeared so unfriendly, the light started blinking slightly and he froze cold with a vision of being buried in the dark. With no weapon and no protection whatsoever. And the ear tearing moan came from even closer. His breathing became so heavy that he felt almost like collapsing but managed not faint, yet. His pupils must had been widened to the maximum.

He moved quickly to his feet and ran to the other end of the room.

"They gonna kill me. They gonna kill me. I'm gonaa turn me into zombie, like they've always wanted!" Depressing spiral of thoughts wouldn't let go!

"I'm a fool! If they will ever find me...Unless I come out … No!"

His feet got wounded several times. He turned right and saw a long corridor. It was so surprising. He expected to be completely isolated here. No, he wasn't thinking clearly at all…

He touched his forehead and closed his eyes. "They gonna kill me… Infect my brain…"

Cold fear dipped down his brain once more. He took a deep breath.

His whole body was so cold… The scream came just from behind his back. He just completely lost it. He ran and ran… and ran. Time was speeding up and slowing down in the same time. All the objects became blurry. He completely forgot his name. He was so scared, so scared, like never before… The zombies were deadly.

"Gordon!"

"Aaarghh!" A total scream of insanity. He jumped on the creature that said his name but some other hands pulled him back and held.

He wanted to struggle, yet was already completely exhausted.

The hard to recognize figure appeared to be a woman. She looked really worried but he had a very big difficulty to recognize any emotions. He thought she still plans to kill him!

"Jesus Christ! Gordon! It's you?" Her eyes were showing surprise and worry. She spoke with very gently and caring voice, with her gun down. "Put him down boys… And … Give him water and something to cover!"

He just collapsed to the floor like a dummy. Someone gave him a bottle so he tried to drink but his hand was too shaky. Someone helped him.

"No way Alyx, he's in shock. A deep one… He may not even recognize you now…" Said some other man. But were they real? The moan didn't repeat anymore, so maybe they were that zombies?

He just wanted to run away from here.

"I must say I've never seen him like that. It's just… I'm in shock myself now."

"Are you zombies?" Said the man quietly.

The woman almost cried. His voice was so weak.

"Are you gonna kill me?"

She wanted to hug him, but the other man showed with a gesture it's not a good idea. They gave him a blanket, that was good enough.

She put her gun on the floor and gently approached, still keeping some distance.

He looked at her as she squatted to be on the same level and look into his eyes. She reached her hand but he shuddered abruptly. His eyes were almost unconscious as he really couldn't recognize her. He couldn't tell who is human or not anymore. Although he tried to focus.

"Gordon, it's me…Alyx."

He wrinkled his forehead."Alyx… I know you…"He whispered. "Are you a zombie too?"

She sighted deeply and looked up for a second, trying to handle this weight.

"No matter what you think or feel now… You are safe Gordon. We killed all the zombies. "

"Even the one that was chasing me? They gonna kill me…. They want my brain!" He was so determined.

BAM! A loud shotgun shot echoed from a distant room.

"Yeah! I got the fast one!" Shouted an enthusiastic male voice and some other cheered.

"Oh my god! Thanks god!" Gordon closed his eyes and started crying.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Not bad! Other than a couple of grammatical errors, I don't see anything wrong with it. Nice story.

\m/ (^_^) \m/

Rock on.

O/

/|

/ \ This is Bob. Copy and paste Bob and soon he will take over internetz!

Not bad! Other than a couple of grammatical errors, I don't see anything wrong with it. Nice story.

Thank you Razor :) So you're allright with paranoid Freeman? ;)

Well I've gotten used to paranoid Freeman in FM, so...yeah.

Well, yes! But this is to the extreme... You won't see that in Freeman's Mind ;) I'm just crossing the line in here :P

I already wrote second chapter but I feel shy to post it here :oops: It's just going the way that some ppl wouldn't like :D But I like it....

HLPrincess, have you got a polish version of that story?

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

HLPrincess, have you got a polish version of that story?

No, I write English stories originally in English. Why do you ask? I can rewrite it only for a very special reason... ;)

Actually I was thinking about writing this one in Polish too... I guess because it's so awesome! :D

EDIT: HERE YOU CAN FIND BOTH CHAPTERS OF THE STORY, WITH THE SECOND THAT I'M TOO SHY TO PUBLISH HERE http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8057525/1/The_bRecluse_b