Mid October update

This is just a news post to let people know I'm not dead, again. I've successfully moved and my computer didn't suffer any casualties in the process. Since then I've been working almost exclusively on the mystery video discussed in the last post since that one has a deadline. I'll have to be done with it one way or another by early November, I sincerely hope it will be before then. Without revealing too much, it will be a short video, not part of an existing series, kind of a surreal and slightly creepy comedy. I'll be filming it in Source Filmmaker, even though I still plan to transition to UDK in the long term. While I don't know if I'll be able to start the "month of Freeman" on November 1st, I promise I'll focus on outputting a spree of Freeman's Mind episodes as soon as I'm done with this side project. Also I haven't forgotten about the downloadable copies of the last episodes, I just need to organize a bunch of my files before processing everything.

ADHD version: Ross is working on a mystery video, he'll make a bunch of FM episodes afterwards.

I'm more interested in this mystery video than the upcoming Freeman episodes.

Ditto! I love FM, but it's always cooler to see what new stuff Ross comes up with.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

This is just a news post to let people know I'm not dead, again. I've successfully moved and my computer didn't suffer any casualties in the process. Since then I've been working almost exclusively on the mystery video discussed in the last post since that one has a deadline. I'll have to be done with it one way or another by early November, I sincerely hope it will be before then. Without revealing too much, it will be a short video, not part of an existing series, kind of a surreal and slightly creepy comedy. I'll be filming it in Source Filmmaker, even though I still plan to transition to UDK in the long term. While I don't know if I'll be able to start the "month of Freeman" on November 1st, I promise I'll focus on outputting a spree of Freeman's Mind episodes as soon as I'm done with this side project. Also I haven't forgotten about the downloadable copies of the last episodes, I just need to organize a bunch of my files before processing everything.

ADHD version: Ross is working on a mystery video, he'll make a bunch of FM episodes afterwards.

Well this all sounds good to me. :D

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Is this the aforementioned dark comedy thing you wanted to make, or is it a different project entirely. If it's the same, why is there a deadline, if you don't mind me asking. Is it self imposed? Other than that, glad to hear the move went well and there's still air in your chest.

On a scale of 1 to The Tunnel; How creepy is this...

"Do not inhale fumes, no matter how good they smell."

Please please pleeeeease get the swag ready soon. I pledge to buy at least 3 t-shirts from you if you can get them ready by Christmas time. I love your work, your videos have gotten me through some very rough times over the past few years and provided me with great laughs when I really needed them. I'd love to wear a t-shirt that said "Hey, we've ALL got a train to catch". I'd be willing to pre-order them if that would help.

Even if you can't get the swag up and running by this Christmas, I'll still try to kick you down a donation by December, it's the least I can do for the hours upon hours of free entertainment you've given to me and my family and friends. Thanks Ross, you're awesome.

Is this the aforementioned dark comedy thing you wanted to make, or is it a different project entirely. If it's the same, why is there a deadline, if you don't mind me asking. Is it self imposed? Other than that, glad to hear the move went well and there's still air in your chest.
No, this is something that came at me from elsewhere, but that I'm interested in. After this, animation projects will be focused almost exclusively on the movie. After THAT, then I'll be committed to the dark comedy series I was mentioning. I really wish I had more animation help, I have ideas for 10x the videos I've made.

Please please pleeeeease get the swag ready soon. I pledge to buy at least 3 t-shirts from you if you can get them ready by Christmas time. I love your work, your videos have gotten me through some very rough times over the past few years and provided me with great laughs when I really needed them. I'd love to wear a t-shirt that said "Hey, we've ALL got a train to catch". I'd be willing to pre-order them if that would help.

Even if you can't get the swag up and running by this Christmas, I'll still try to kick you down a donation by December, it's the least I can do for the hours upon hours of free entertainment you've given to me and my family and friends. Thanks Ross, you're awesome.

Urg, I thought we would, but the guy helping me on that has sort of flaked out, so now it may be mostly on me again to do this (welcome to the world of volunteer help). I have a backup plan for this that I'll pursue more aggressively in November if he still hasn't emerged.

People won't be totally devoted to something unless they're extreme fans of your work or you pay them for it. Volunteer help most likely fails because of either of those two factors. It's nice when it happens and works out but it more than often doesn't, something I am sure you have some experience with.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I guess "volunteer" is almost the wrong word in this case, since the plan was he was going to be getting half the profits from the shirts for managing things. I ran into the same thing while working at Machinima.com for "The Tunnel." Machinima.com was willing to pay an animator to work on the video and help me with key animations I needed. It didn't matter that they were offering hundreds to work on it, that STILL wasn't enough to motivate him at the time. Most of the time I don't have money beyond what's needed for rent and groceries, but it seems like in the few times I have, it doesn't seem to make a noticeable difference as far as motivating people. Someone would probably need living wages in order for that to change, which is money I simply don't have access to. I still plan on using the donation money for key aspects of the movie project however. If it turns out I can get volunteer help with that, I'll use the money to help promote it and maybe distribute the rest of it to key people who stuck with the project.