How to make a show?

The idea of making a short film struck me as I was thinking of what to do today. So I came here for an advise. Ross Scoot and you guys are closest to acting industry people I know at the moment. I'm rewatching Civil Protection for clues and tricks.

There are tons of questions like:

• How to come up with plot
    How to create characters (Mike/Dave)
    How to even start :D

I've learned a great deal from Ross' experience. Especially with picking up people to help. It would be devastating to have every now and then a different voice for main character :)

Making a show like "Freeman's Mind" requires quite a lot of work and something as "Civil Protection" even more, especially with animating plus mapping, lighting, timing everything and recording (and also converting to the right format). Sound is VERY important, so someone who can make volume balancing and good sound effects that don't stand out of the rest of the video... Also, you need to have certain knowledge on which engine you gonna work on. I don't recommend anything by Valve, you will run into lots of errors and unexplainable glitches ;d ( Unless you want to make something really simple or like a Mind series)...

And yes, you need to have people you can depend on :] Otherwise you may work your ass off.

Well, but firstly, you need a plot and a script. I find a question: how to come up with a plot a bit baffling. You need a theme, something that inspires you and you want to share it with others. Like your dreams or somethin funny, maybe social problems, maybe you want to scare the hell out of people? It all depends.

YEAH

You can alawyas email Ross ;)

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

You can alawyas email Ross :] Not that he answered me at least once :P

Thanks for your input :) We'll see how everything will go. Right now is preparing stage. I'm certain with main theme of pilot clip. Some here may remember Dystopia. I've seen recently some tries to bring her back alive. And I like 'HiTechCyberPunkNearFutrure'. So I've been messing with maps and SMF. Oh God, how ugly some parts of maps look once you put your attention to it. But, I haven't noticed anything wrong about it for years as i played the map on and on.

The idea is to take some models and levels, put everything together and learn in process. ^^

Oh well :D A nice start! And not to forget, there can be a good movie without a single spoken word. Like "ignis soulis". As for the engine - its Cinema4d.

I don't see any point in switching from SDK to UDK, but UDK has same interface but much more sexy and functional. If Ross isn't concerned with professional look,but with simplicity... Well... It may be an illusion of "comfortability". It surely would take much more tweaking if Civil Protection was close to physically-accurate-look. I wonder if this could be compensated with lack of countless source bugs he encountered.

If this thread won't be deleted, Ross would eventually check on it and say something ^_^

If this thread won't be deleted, Ross would eventually check on it and say something ^_^

I'll see what I can do ;) Not promising miracles though :P

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^