how does he do it?

Sign in to follow this  

so on the FAQs he said he has noclip assigned to a hotkey,how can you do that in black mesa if you even can,cause pressing ~ and typeing the code can be a pain somtimes.thanks.

Example: bind n "noclip"

I THINK. You might need to rearrange that a bit to get it exactly right, but I think that's it. Though your choice of key to bind it to is your choice.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Misc:

Bhopping:

bind mwheelup "+jump"; bind mwheeldown "+jump"

Run in circles:

sv_cheats 1; sv_infiniteauxpower 1; +speed; +left; +forward

To walk in circles it's just +left; +forward

To undo type -left; -forward

As long as this thread is here, something I wondered when I went back and rewatched the series: How did he get the scientist hiding from the turret in episode 8 to say "Shut up!" and "Eurrrghhh..." on cue?

I think those were random and Ross just responded to it post game. I think Ross plays the game for the next part with an idea of what he wants from it and records it. The video is then re-recorded in super-slow-motion so that there are no dropped frames. Taking what happened during that recording session, Ross writes a script. If a scientist says "Shut up!" Ross can react to it while he's doing the recording and the put the recordings together in a final video file.

I think "Eurrgghh..." might have been him tossing in a sound from the game files, though. But that's just because we don't see the scientist's mouth move. What would really be cool was if Ross commissioned a guy to make unique HL1 hand animations for him to use in FM.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

The sound clips are recorded in the demo for a scientist saying a specific line. Sometimes I swap out the files of that line with another one (not always). The lip sync data for the line animation is contained in the WAV itself in the Source engine.

Ross, I dont remember hearing a scientist say "Shut up" when I played half-life. I always assumed that was an added line from a guest VA.

From a Youtube video playing all the scientist voices in the game (probably from the game's files not actually recorded in-game so it might not have actually appeared in-game):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?start=314&v=ha8cFd2GNFc

There's actually two "Shut up"s that I heard.