Wormhole by Centerfleet.

Hi, its been a long time since I've posted anything, just remember something from pretty far back. Does anyone remember the game Wormhole by Centerfleet (back in the 2000s.) Was one of my first experiences with online multiplayer games.

Found it remade, but apparently new version is down too.

ASdEZZp7B3A

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

The new version is almost nothing like the original. I used to play the original all the time until they stopped hosting it. (multiplayer only, never SP, more fun)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

The new version is almost nothing like the original. I used to play the original all the time until they stopped hosting it. (multiplayer only, never SP, more fun)

Same here, but happy they remade it even though never got to play remake. They need to rerelease this shit asap.

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

They need to release the original again too.

Hi mates,

I remember the game too, although I was always playing Avalanche exclusively. Remember the game? It was also called Icetris 2, a multiplayer tetris clone where there were small creatures called puds with different colors, and once trapped in the ice and the line cleared would give you powerups or weapons to attack the other players.

I was so addicted that now (13 years later) that I am professional programmer I am thinking about doing a remake. The only thing stopping me is that I worry putting the hours to develop it and then face a lawsuit by the tetris company or EA. As you probably now, Centerfleet was bought by EA (I guess after licensing tetris from the tetris company) and they turned on to making mobile games. It really pissed me off because they stopped the game (and thus the income they were making) but never launched a new version or released the code. There were so many fans of that game :-(

BTW, some guy did a remake of the original wormhole, you can find it easily on internet.

PS: Just registered here to reply to this thread. It makes me happy to meet people from that community, it was really a great one :-)

BTW, some guy did a remake of the original wormhole, you can find it easily on internet.

How easily? I can't find it...

@BTGBullseye

Some guy did/began to do a clone with Games Maker, although it looks like all the mirrors are down http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=398845

Currently there's a Facebook group for the fans (with almost 300 users) where 1 or 2 guys are doing a remake: 1 is doing a whole remake, other has the original class files for the server and decompiling it. Another had contact with Oliver Miao [omiao] and tried to buy the original from Vivendi who bought Centerfleet before it was bought itself by EA. Looks like the development has been slow but it is still continued http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6545940845

Ah, see I don't use facebook, and avoid their links when possible... That explains the one... The other doesn't actually reference the Centerfleet game until post #10, thereby nullifying the second one as easily searchable in relation to "Wormhole by Centerfleet".

Interestingly, this thread was either at the top of the results, or somewhere on the first page... Those links should help others find it in the future, thank you. :)