Kingdom Hearts 3 Discussion

Sign in to follow this  

npjBHFb0fZM

So, it's finally happened. Kingdom Hearts 3 got it's official announcement at E3 2013 and is in development for the PS4 and Xbone. While we don't have much to go on, I figure it's not too early to start discussing the game and general feelings toward it, and more so as we learn more about it.

Personally, after playing Birth By Sleep, Kingdom Hearts has kind of just lost that magic it had when I first played it on the PS2. Maybe it's because I'm older or just got tired of waiting for the third game, but either way I'm not excited enough about KH3 to consider buying a PS4 for it. If it came out on the WiiU or the PC, I'd consider picking it up on a sale just to see how it turns out.

That all being said, I love the idea that the series is based on and would love to see it applied to other universes aside from Disney in a similar way (so not in the same Smash Bros. or PS-All-Stars, aka PS-Clusterfuck fashion). There are some games only in Japan and a Zoids game for the GBA that did the same thing very well and made the story fun to go through, but they're all mech-based games and thus suffer from a limited audience. NIS did a game like this, too, called Cross Edge, but it had a terrible combat style that I didn't quite recognize as being similar to the games it brought together.

Any thoughts/impressions so far?

Considering I'm not a Disney fan and definitely not a Final Fantasy fan, and considering this will most likely be PS4 exclusive...

Yup, won't be playing it.

It'll actually be available on both the XboneCockRocket and the PS4. So yeah, I can't imagine you'll be playing it at all.

Personally, I'm a fan of the older Final Fantasy titles, namely 6 and 9, and really enjoyed 12. Other than that, I can't say I'm a fan of them. That being said, aside from the cameo's of characters from those games (which, thinking upon it now, aren't all that well-done imho), the Kingdom Hearts games don't feel like Final Fantasy games at all.

I am a huge fan of this series and it's what got me into Final Fantasy in the first place. I was already a Disney fan since I was a kid growing up with the films. Hell yeah I'm getting this.

That said, the new renders are pretty cool-looking, but I'm curious as to how they're going to make it so Sora and company don't stand out on each world aside from costumes or something. All I know is they're making some kind of new shader called Kingdom that will fix what was apparently a 'problem'. I wasn't too bothered by it, but nn KHII, Sora very apparently stood out in the Pirates of the Caribbean world.

As for how KH has lost it's magic since BBS, if that's when it started losing it for you I'd recommend Dream Drop Distance for the 3DS. (Although I wouldn't recommend buying a 3DS purely for the game.) To me, it harkens back to what KHI felt like instead of how COM and KHII kind of turned the series into a sillier Final Fantasy. Organization XIII felt too much like Final Fantasy to me and in retrospect I don't really like any of them besides Xemnas and Axel. But

Master Xehanort

feels just enough like a mature Disney villain that it works for me. The design just feels 'right' for the series while Org.XIII just felt like rejects from FFVII.

I also heard rumors they'll be putting Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars stuff in this game, all of which I'm a big fan of, so this is shaping up to be my favorite game of all time. Just hope they get it right.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."