Looking for an old first person MMORPG game

Sign in to follow this  

Its an old MMORPG game but its in first person, (atleast I think its an mmorpg, it was online anyway) and you ran around killing "ice spiders" and the like. (its in a fantasy setting, giants, giant spiders, skeletons and so on)

During quests with larger groups one would have to go fetch the enemies and the other guys would set up and wait for the guy who fethed the mobs.

It also seemed to always be winter, but Im not 100 on this one.

I think you had different classes and such...

Im sorry if the details are short (very short) but I saw this when I was like 10 or something and I cannot find it anywhere...

Ive tried google, but it gives me nothing.

Anyone have any clues ?

"Life sucks sober!"

World of Warcraft vanilla... That means pre-Burning Crusade, or if you didn't care about the nerfing they did to the hunter class it would be before WotLK.

It was always winter in certain parts, and you could easily set it to first person. (many did before actually playing the game the way it was originally meant to)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

World of Warcraft vanilla... That means pre-Burning Crusade, or if you didn't care about the nerfing they did to the hunter class it would be before WotLK.

It was always winter in certain parts, and you could easily set it to first person. (many did before actually playing the game the way it was originally meant to)

No it wasnt wow (watched my brother play wow vanilla when it came out)

Im fairly certain that it was ONLY first person.

You saw the weapons just like in The elder scrolls.

I really wish I had more details...

"Life sucks sober!"

What year are we talking about? Doesn't quite help to just know that you were ten. ;)

I can't think of many mmorpg's that are fully first-person. The Deus Ex-like Neocron is just about the only one that occurs to me. It's Science-Fiction in theme, so I doubt there were many ice spiders in it. It was a fully 1st person mmo though. I think Guild Wars 1 can be zoomed in far enough to look like a 1st person game, but it never feels like one.

Leaving mmorpg's out of the picture, there aren't many high-fantasy games period that are completely and only first person. Aside from the popular Elder Scrolls games, only these titles occur to me. Sort of chronologically and over a time span of roughly twenty years:

- Wizardry series

- Heretic

- Hexen

- Arx Fatalis

- The Wheel of Time

- Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

Some of these games have LAN or Internet capabilities, but none are MMOs. Maybe that's what you saw? Like you said, you were only ten.

On a completely different note, the only fantasy RPG that I recall to be completely in a wintery setting would be Icewind Dale, which is isometric and not 1st person. The game Rune is 3rd person and would be another one in a snowy/viking setting, but it isn't an RPG. It's pretty much a fantasy shooter build on the Unreal engine, with some multiplayer bits thrown in.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Yeah, there aren't that many FPSRPG games, and even fewer MMOs...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

What year are we talking about? Doesn't quite help to just know that you were ten. ;)

I can't think of many mmorpg's that are fully first-person. The Deus Ex-like Neocron is just about the only one that occurs to me. It's Science-Fiction in theme, so I doubt there were many ice spiders in it. It was a fully 1st person mmo though. I think Guild Wars 1 can be zoomed in far enough to look like a 1st person game, but it never feels like one.

Leaving mmorpg's out of the picture, there aren't many high-fantasy games period that are completely and only first person. Aside from the popular Elder Scrolls games, only these titles occur to me. Sort of chronologically and over a time span of roughly twenty years:

- Wizardry series

- Heretic

- Hexen

- Arx Fatalis

- The Wheel of Time

- Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

Some of these games have LAN or Internet capabilities, but none are MMOs. Maybe that's what you saw? Like you said, you were only ten.

On a completely different note, the only fantasy RPG that I recall to be completely in a wintery setting would be Icewind Dale, which is isometric and not 1st person. The game Rune is 3rd person and would be another one in a snowy/viking setting, but it isn't an RPG. It's pretty much a fantasy shooter build on the Unreal engine, with some multiplayer bits thrown in.

Checked your list, unfortunately it was none of them.

This was around 2006 (might have been younger than 10, like 2005-2003)

Dark Messiah of might and magic seemed similar but I dont think thats the one...

Think I have to check out more of Dark Messiah, just to make sure

"Life sucks sober!"

Hm. You could try gaming review sites and search their databases for rpg/mmo's from that period. I used to do that on GamesSpy.com a lot to find interesting older games. You can sort or search by genre and year.