Gamer Behaviors

Sign in to follow this  

As I move through games such as Fallout and Skyrim, I notice certain behaviors that I myself exhibit. As I notice these in myself, I wonder if anyone else notices these behaviors as I do. Ill post some examples of behaviors I exhibit while gaming after this.

What your not crazy too?

In Bethesda's games Skyrim and Fallout 3 (New Vegas too but meh) I am the most thorough looter among my friends. I go through every single crate, barrel, chest, and body. I strip a body of all loot useful to me in the blink of an eye. Somehow my brain registers what loot I want and I can pull out loot without really thinking about it. I also subconsciously count my kills during each fight so I know how many corpses I have to loot after the fighting is over.

I comb over almost every single inch of every surface when I enter a room and pick up items. I can leave a town assured that there is nothing left to loot.

What your not crazy too?

what would you call this behavior? and how close is this to your method to your looting? I forgot to mention that in Skyrim and Fallout I am a terrible hoarder. I buy a house early on and keep every single item I can find in the in-house storage. If its mildly unique I keep it in my house.

What your not crazy too?

You need to learn to click that edit button instead of multi-posting. (bottom right of your post box)

As far as your question, it's just logical use of limited resources... Take what you need, and don't skip over a pot that has free money. I do it in all games similar, and I get questioned on it by people who've never done that before... I then see them going through the game, dying against 3 bandits, and wondering why I'm slaughtering dragons in Skyrim at level 12. (I usually respond that getting steel armor/weapons off of guards early on, and looking in pots and barrels makes me a lot tougher enemy)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I'm the same type of person. Loot, loot, loot. Even when in the end of the game, having near infinite ammount of currency and epic weapons, armour, magic (you name it), I still pick up everything (and yes, a house with a chest is a MUST). I think it's a kind of OCD behaviour.

Also, when in dungeons, I have to explore all the side-roads before going the "main-quest" way. And it pains me, when I don't know which way leads where and I have to return back all the time.

Also, by the order of the Ordo Xenos and the holy will of the God Emperor, I submit you to death, filthy xenos Tau scum! *BLAM* *BLAM*

(Sorry about that, my triger finger gets twitchy)

When fortune is blind, be a guide-dog.

Everyone's an asshole in GTA Online, like take Trevor and multiply that by 10 at least.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA