Stranger In Need Re-released

Well this should have happened a long time ago, but the story of my life seems to be "better late than never." Here is the re-released version of Stranger In Need, the first and probably last video I'll do in Source Filmmaker. The original version of this video was just barely done in time for a deadline and I had to cut a few corners on it that I wanted to spend a little bit longer fixing. This version has the main fixes I wanted to have the first time around. It mainly consists of slightly improved animations, adding a few effects I meant to have the first time, a more polished sound mix, etc. This the closest thing I get to a "patch" for my videos. I promise I didn't go George Lucas on this though, all the changes are very subtle, you may not even notice the difference.

Blip.tv

Download (110MB H.264 MKV)

- - -

I was hoping to have more news for August, but it's looking like that's not going to happen. That just means there's more news and videos coming for September though!

I can't believe I hadn't seen this before now. If this was originally posted in December, I should've seen the blog post. Regardless, I absolutely loved this. My one issue is that the big twist comes after the credits. When the credits started, I moved straight to the comments section and had the scene spoiled before I even knew it existed. I'm sure there are plenty of people who will close the window and never end find out about the final scene. Orrrr I could just be nitpicking. I still really loved this thing. I love anything that successfully combines dark comedy and psychological horror.

Edit: So you did post about it. Where the hell was I?

Just bad luck, I suppose. You could check the 'Movies' section to make sure there's nothing else you've missed. :P

So did "Stranger" drive away first?

Yeah, it seems he was "caught" by some villager in the town and "converted" to the town itself.

Must have been how some of the other pedestrians got there. Poor old 'Stranger' may live the rest of his days staring across the road.

Poor old 'Stranger' may live the rest of his days staring across the road.

I'd guess that he'd get promoted to be one of the mob at some point, or maybe even one of the laughing couple...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.