Music from 3D Ultra Lionel Traintown Deluxe - updated!

Sign in to follow this  

I talked about TrainTown in a thread over in the Obscure PC Games section, but the music in this game is so wonderful. I got my hands on the Deluxe Version (thank BitTorrent) and apparently the songs have proper names. I used Game Extractor 2 to rip the soundtrack, and it's at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7RRcwFJCj2FWkVMWXZiTlZEb2M/edit?usp=sharing (14 WAV files). This soundtrack and indeed the game itself is quite obscure; I hope you all enjoy.

Music by Christopher Stevens (CS Productions/Fabmusic).

Updated on 4/15/2014; file transferred to Google Drive.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Well I like the "Machine" track from it, looks like it was one of those games that was out before MP3 usage was common as the music is at 22khz.

Well I like the "Machine" track from it, looks like it was one of those games that was out before MP3 usage was common as the music is at 22khz.

The tracks were ripped directly from the game with a little program I found (couldn't get the graphics or other game sounds unfortunately). It proved to be the best source for the tracks. The track names were found somewhere in the game itself; the Deluxe version was released in 2000. I find the game and the music to be as nostalgic as it is fun...and obscure.

I didn't think you'd express interest in this music, but you did. I'm glad you like it! It's gotten a fair number of downloads as well.

(I know this thread's pretty old but I just came back to the forum after a while and I was surprised by this here thread of mine and wanted to reply.)

I recently learned that this game shares much of its soundtrack with another series of games the developer made, The Incredible Machine series. Interesting. I might do a thread about that music too.