Saints Row IV

Sign in to follow this  

From what I hear, SR2 had more options... (I have SR2, but I never installed it since it's nearly 3x the size of SR4)

SR2 is poorly optimized PC and the sound quality is terrible. On top of that it's pretty much abandoned so there's not gonna be any fixes for it.

Ross checked it quickly and he dropped it since the game is so bad to play. He said that gameplays feels awful, colors are bleak and sound is bad. So yeah... that's a pity :roll:

Yeah, the color saturation is low and the audio sounds like it was re-recorded with a microphone and run through filters. The console version is just fine, they just got lazy with the PC port by the looks of it.

the name's riley

I can't play Saints Row 2 after playing SR3 and SR4. Sorry to those who love it, I simply can't stand it. The colours, the sound, the gameplay, the poor optimization... yeah...

Not to mention the story just feels bland in comparison to the later sequels.

We watched "Angry Joe Show" on SR The Third and Angry Joe ;) wasn't so happy with the game. He said it lost some of it's best elelments comparing to II. I can't say since I played SR IV only but I trust him as a reviewer a lot!

It's a shame though that PC version is so bad for II. But also it looks like IV is a totally game redisign and it went very well! (Except haaaard last Bos Fight) :P I can't wait for the next part! "Gangsters in Space!" :lol:

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

bought it from summer sale, been playing it a bit and while to some extent i feel need for earlier games to understand stuff, then for most part its quite fun. I like the map thats dotted with challenges (seriously, GTA should get this thing back (more challenges)- i feel there were more random quests to do in GTA 1 or 2 than in IV f.e), story is also nicely over the top (like "i dont wanna miss a thing" (which, btw, is one of my fav. songs) in scene on missle- reminded me of movie armageddon a bit). And this over-the-top stuff has been done well.

One thing i do find annoying, though, is the fact that vehicles become basically useless very early in a game- i mean i do enjoy the way it becomes useless, but i do want to drive as well for a change, but as it is, its often better to... no spoiling, but those who played it know.

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

One thing i do find annoying, though, is the fact that vehicles become basically useless very early in a game- i mean i do enjoy the way it becomes useless, but i do want to drive as well for a change, but as it is, its often better to... no spoiling, but those who played it know.

Wow! You can use a car anytime you want. I use my customized one even in the later parts of the game, I just get bored with other "means of transportation". Driving is relaxing and you can listen to the radio ;) So, that's not a problem for me. They just give you all these possibilities. Pretty huge level of car customization as well... :D

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Flying certain armed helicopters is quite fun all the way through too... ;)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Wow! You can use a car anytime you want. I use my customized one even in the later parts of the game, I just get bored with other "means of transportation". Driving is relaxing and you can listen to the radio ;) So, that's not a problem for me. They just give you all these possibilities. Pretty huge level of car customization as well... :D

i know you can use car anytime you want, but when you want speed, car is not the answer- thats what i meant.

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"