LG going raging against Sony

Sign in to follow this  

I have an LG BD Writer in my PC. But why they are doing this to Sony is way above my understanding. I can't see how it helps them in any way.

It really doesn't. But apparently Sony and LG had some fights for while now.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They're acting like kids. Like Sony stole something from LG and now LG is destroying their product as revenge. It's embarassing.

I know right, you'd expect million dollar companies like that to be i little more mature then that.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They're acting like kids. Like Sony stole something from LG and now LG is destroying their product as revenge. It's embarassing.

I know right, you'd expect million dollar companies like that to be i little more mature then that.

You're underestimating their value by several billion dollars.

Sony started it though.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Sony started it though.

Still doesn't change the fact that they are acting like little kids fighting, problem is that we, the gamers, have to pay for it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sony started it though.

Still doesn't change the fact that they are acting like little kids fighting, problem is that we, the gamers, have to pay for it.

Not me, I don't use any of either of their products.

Not me, I don't use any of either of their products.

No but LG wanted to destroy 300.000 PS3's. Which is ridiculous. And i don't use any of sony or LG's products either(except for my old LG Cookie). But i still think this is stupid.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The problem here is that LG is not giving a f*** about the gamers.

Neither is Sony, so what's the diff?

It would seem Sony won this round. If what that video says is true, what LG were trying to do was quite rediculous.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Well, they updated it:

Sony won, PS3's released and LG fined. Fells kinda good to read that.

But still. Bunch of billion dollar babies raging over little things. what's this world coming to?

Retired Forum Moderator

Maybe LG is planning on releasing their own game console, and want Sony to have as little of the market as possible...

Maybe LG is planning on releasing their own game console, and want Sony to have as little of the market as possible...

Sounds likely. Not that I understand why LG would want to release a game console.

LG made Blu-ray drives before Sony did, even though Sony owns the tech. Maybe they think they have developed the next generation of consoles, but realize people won't buy them if they just spent $300 or more on a PS3, and think Sony is also building one, and they want to get it out first to corner the market.