Life is Strange (Expect hate, sorry)

Sign in to follow this  

Okay, the only reason I can bare to watch this game, is because it's JackSepticEye commentating it. X3 And he's funny.

First off, I don't know, I might be a hipster, I don't really give a snot. But this game gets on my nerves, a LOT. First off, stereotypes... everywhere. God, please. Just stop with the stereotypes. It's so bad, it hurts. There's a jock, immediately the douche of the game. A nerd, immediately the loser of the game. Tall, blonde hair, immediately the gossipy bitch of the game. I don't know how it is in America, but it seems very, very American. It just makes me so glad I live in a non-judgemental private school, where we don't have 'jocks' or 'nerds'. I also dread going to America to college. I'm hoping to go to an online one, mainly because I hate the American school system. But uh, back to the game. Really stereotypical, gets on my nerves, the game itself is very unpolished. Bad lip syncs, incorrect subtitles. Not to mention, the 'time travel' feature is bogus.

It basically works like this. You get two choices. One is bad, one is good. You choose the bad one, so what? You can time travel! You go and fix it. It's a game that has consequences, but doesn't give you any, it's giving the gamer privilege of basically cheating the story to get the best ending. The Walking Dead was like this game but way way better. You made a mistake, you had to DEAL with it. It's really putting the gamer into the game and really making the story a great one.

But yeah, I might be a hipster. Mainly because I hate how modern day teenagers act. Sloppy texting, drinking, teenage mothers, alcoholics, drug addicts, selfies. God I hate selfies. Why do you have the capacity to take so many pictures of yourself. I do take pictures of myself, but I rarely do it myself. I get someone else to take the picture for me. I hate posting a bad picture. It leaves me really dissatisfied. But yeah, other than telling my life story in this one post, what do you guys think?

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Never heard of it.

Sloppy texting, drinking, teenage mothers, alcoholics, drug addicts, selfies.

Welcome to Scotland!

g45pp.jpg

God I hate selfies.

I hate the majority of them. I do, however, take one every Sunday as part of a thing where I do something more interesting than sheer vanity. For example:

10686879_10204408707874285_3222759447743010209_n.jpg?oh=744dbac08d386345cea18d4ad5bf739c&oe=559306B9&__gda__=1430991836_191f077af2cded77a5ef088192d7a547

But back on the topic, I guess that setting doesn't do much for you unless you've been in that kind of environment. As far as the time travelling bit goes, being able to reverse and do the better choice sounds appealing, in a Prince Of Persia sense. But surely it must more complex than a binary 'Good' and 'Bad' ending. That would be sloppy.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

There's a jock, immediately the douche of the game. A nerd, immediately the loser of the game. Tall, blonde hair, immediately the gossipy bitch of the game. I don't know how it is in America, but it seems very, very American.

Those are very much American stereotypes... Oddly, I have only come across 1 correlating experience across my entire schooling experience. (and I highly suspect it to be a coincidence, since the douche jock was also the son of the school district's chairman, so the principal wouldn't punish the kid) Other than that 1 incidence, I have found jocks to be friends with the nerds, (they do need to get a B average in order to go to college for sports, and the nerds are happy to get a few more D&D players [lol, joking]) and the tall blondes to be average normal people.

What you really need to look out for are the 'popular cliques'. They will be full of bitches, and may or may not be female. (they generally look like average nondescript people, though with a distinct 'upturn of the nose' if you get my meaning)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.