Some good things happened!

Sign in to follow this  

Not sure if it would be appropriate to post this in serious topic or civ problems (I mean, this is the opposite of a problem) But anyways...

WOW, have you guy heard the news from america? Homosexual marriage, Universal healthcare, It looks as though people are getting more and more lucid recently. while one big BAD thing happened a few days before, I think that shook some people awake, proof being the confederate flags in several states being taken down of government buildings. IT KIND OF A BIG DEAL. we still have a lot of shit to get through, like in some states its still ok to fire someone if they are gay, but things are looking up.

If you want this can be a good news thread to dump all the good new from YOUR country.

Edit: Hi Serious Topic Discussion. wow, thats an unfortunate acronym.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

HEHE HAHA HOHO

I'm waiting for the day gay marriage is allowed in Australia. X3 It won't personally benefit me, but it'll benefit others, and that's good enough for me! :D

I guess, it's not really new, but it's still my favourite good news! :D The Australian airline company Qantas is now known as the safest airline to travel by worldwide. There's been NO crashes, at all. And it's so good, makes me proud. I really, REALLY love planes so this really gets me going. XD

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

I'm waiting for the day gay marriage is allowed in Australia. X3 It won't personally benefit me, but it'll benefit others, and that's good enough for me! :D

I guess, it's not really new, but it's still my favourite good news! :D The Australian airline company Qantas is now known as the safest airline to travel by worldwide. There's been NO crashes, at all. And it's so good, makes me proud. I really, REALLY love planes so this really gets me going. XD

To be very honest I though Australia already had gay marriage because Australia is one of those country that is just really pleasant until you go out into the wilderness, then I looked it up and saw it was under "civil union" which is fine, then I remember Tony Abbott. I am so, so sorry. don't worry though, I completely understand what he is like. we had George W Bush to deal with.

Twice.

But yeah that airline record is impressive, considering you are right next to Malaysia airlines

HEHE HAHA HOHO

It's not okay in any state to fire somebody if they're gay.

Since the Army is dictated, more or less, by it's own law(UCMJ), i'm going to take a liberty to mention a good thing that's happening with us. Since April they've finally changed the tattoo policy in AR 670-1(WEAR AND APPEARANCE OF ARMY UNIFORMS AND INSIGNIA); We can have as many tattoos as we want on our arms and legs, but tattoos on our hands and neck, or racist and derogatory tattoos are still outlawed. I guess they finally realized that tattoos don't affect a soldier's ability as a leader.

http://www.armytimes.com/story/military/careers/army/2015/04/10/army-regs-tattoos-uniforms/25576197/

There are also some really crappy things going on. The US is rapidly going towards a path where it will approve TiSA and the TPP, which are highly detrimental for the rights of the people and governments facing the invasion of the private companies into the primary-service level market. On top of having Wallmart competing to sell you water and electricity, they'll be able to sue your government for ''not fairiness of bussiness'' or some bullshit and establish monopolies. Leaks keep coming out about US spying on basically everyone now, which is gonna severe diplomatic relationships one way or the other..

Please watch this:

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

Oh I KNOW they spy on us. X3 Doesn't matter where you're from, you're not safe.

CPS in Australia was notified by I assume some sort of American company, that I was in danger from a guy on my Skype contact list. They spied on my account, and my chat, and apparently Seth my boyfriend was the danger/threat. :I I KNOW they spy on us. And frankly, it pisses me off. Not only are they spying, but they're getting ALL their facts wrong, you can't tell what someone's life is like by a snippet of chat history, or a minute of a call.

If you're going to spy, at least do a good fucking job of it so you don't cause a danger for my future life and others. Fortunately, the funding towards the CPS in Australia is pretty crap thanks to Tony Abbott, so they couldn't do anything about it even if they wanted, they could only call my mother up and say that I was apparently in danger. Ugh. If the CPS did have more power though, they could have ruined my relationship in an instant. Grrr.

Also, I suggest a mod moves this thread to the serious discussion. :3

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Don't tell me how to do my job!

thinkin' about it.

--

thought about it.

Topic moved due to the serious nature of the subject matter and responses. will leave shadow in place until OP is notified.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 79 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.