007: Agent Uder Fire (2001)

Sign in to follow this  

One of my favorite games, because I fondly remember my brother kicking my ass in the harbor level in multiplayer when I was a kid.

What started out as the PC port of the previous Bond game The World Is Not Enough For N64 and PlayStation turned into my favorite first person shooter for the PS2 (the game was also released on Gamecube and Xbox).

It was the first Bond game not to be based off a movie, and although I'm not a huge fan of the movies, I can certainly see the developers were, since everywhere seem to be small references to the movies, or thing inspired by them.

Gameplay-wise it's nothing new though, just a generic FPS where you can use some fancy MI6 gadgets, with the occasional driving or rail shooter stage.

But of course the soundtrack is what I want to focus on here:

It was composed by Don Veca, who also worked on Dead Space, some Lord of the Rings games,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri1B2AQQAv4 and many more. He also plays in a funk/jazz band, The Bacchus Brothers.

What I love about this soundtrack is that when you listen closely, you can always hear parts of the original James Bond Theme somewhere in there.

Here are some examples:

klY0dDhmwmE

3qmQBjqZw7o

dtMA3HdgsdE

Now, like Ross, I love finding stuff hidden in a game's files, and somehow I found A LOT of music in this game that was never used, some of it apparently from when it was still supposed to be the PC version of The World Is not Enough! Also, some of the game's music gets interrupted by cutscenes before it finishes, so if you don't get into the game files, you'll NEVER HEAR THE ENTIRE SONG. Some games have music players as an extra, where you can listen to the entire soundtrack from the game, but I think this one would have needed it more than any other.

I love this soundtrack. If there is anyone else out there who wants the missing music from the game, just message me!

It's not really a hidden gem, I think it was one of the best selling Bond games. I just never see anyone talk about the soundtrack...

Check the uploader of the videos I linked to. He uploaded most of the soundtrack. You can also just PM me you e-mail address so I can send you a .zip of the FULL soundtrack, including the hidden tracks.

It's not really a hidden gem, I think it was one of the best selling Bond games. I just never see anyone talk about the soundtrack...

+1

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.