Civilization V (Or any Civ game)

Sign in to follow this  

Since I'm pretty addicted to this game lately, why not make a thread where we can all share our mass victories and failures. XD

We should also organize a multiplayer game sometime, that'd be sick as. X3 I'd absolutely love that. Last time I played multiplayer... I did it on a stream with three other friends. I trapped one guy's archer between my borders that I bought. XD His archer was stuck there and I wouldn't let him trade for open borders. Mwahaha! I'm such a bitch. XP

And to kick-start this thread: Don't play team games with AI! X3 Just don't. Unless you want to die a firey death, stick to no teams. I ended up losing this civ game because stupid fucking Russian AI was like; "Hurr durr, let's start a war with the civ that Jeb needs only two turns to influence to get a cultural victory." By the time the war was over, it was too late. China won with a fucking science victory. THANKS BOTS. REAL HELPFUL. BLRRGHRR! I spent so many hours on this one game... and I lost... to an incompetent war hungry bot. And no matter what, I could just NOT stop the war from happening.

Anyway, do ya'll have any best/worst moments?

I'm mainly focusing on the Civilization V game, but any others work too. X3

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

I played it quite a bit and would love to still play it but the game refuses to download any mods. It pissed me off to no end and I've shoved it in a corner with a bunch of other games I'll never play again.

Could play halfway on a pirated copy. Lappy is too crap to ever finish.

They're not panties, so it's not embarrassing.

I always turn off the majority of win conditions, because it makes the game way too easy. I usually do domination because I conquer everything via overwhelming culture. (I can win a domination victory without ever entering combat)

I'd be up for a MP match, if we could all get on at the same time, and stay on for longer than a few hours. (many people who play Civ games tend to overstock their military in MP matches, and that makes the turns take F-O-R-E-V-E-R)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

@Kydure: How do mods work with MP? I haven't actually thought of mods with MP, do they even work like that? XD Excuse my lack of knowledge. I've only played two or three MP games... And I only use one mod... :S

@Rliant: You tried playing through the game on lowest settings + strategic mode/view? If I see my game is slowing down, I usually switch to strategic view.

@BTG: I feel like if we do all play MP, I'll just get OWNED. XD I play it for fun, not really for competition. But that's okay. X3 Maybe there's a way we can just have it so one person isn't absolutely WRECKING the others? XD Unless ya'll wouldn't mind that. As long as I don't get demolished on turn 50, I'm cool. :P

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

Graphics were were around medium. It wasn't those that were slowing down, it was the 5 minute turns as my CPU chugged out the equations.

@Kydure: How do mods work with MP? I haven't actually thought of mods with MP, do they even work like that? XD Excuse my lack of knowledge. I've only played two or three MP games... And I only use one mod... :S

Mods do not work in multiplayer, which is why I never played it. I can't stand vanilla Civ 5 at all and when the mods wouldn't download I stopped playing. I remember seeing a steam update about fixing a bug where some games wouldn't download workshop content. I'm going to see if that fixed it.

probably have about 100 mods or more for civ V- most of them new civs. But on other hand, thats also the reason why i havent played the game for long time... I want civs and ethnic units mod, but it takes me 15 to 30 minutes just to start game (not weak PC, just too many mods)..

Best moment (no-nuke game).. had 3 cities, closely together. Domination win- had small military (mobile rocket launchers in all cities+ 6 patrol units (compared to other huge armies it was laughable), was well into future techs researches and had ton of money (lets just say i was loaded). 3 major powers (started with 11 civs (excluding me)) and me- managed to keep myself out of conflict until the time. I think i was playing as Estonia (mod from steam workshop ofc), while remaining powers were Greece, Russia and i think last one was Holy roman empire (again, mod). All 3, who had been fighting for few centuries at this point, declared truce to one another and soon allied themselves. Of course that was quickly followed by AI ridicolous demands. All 3 declare war on me. Russia had strongest army and large open sector to attack in, while HRE (territorially biggest) was pushing trough mountains. Greece was on other side of continent, so not immideate threat.

Money is the power- i quickly bribed militaristic city states and those with uranium and started buying military, while using patrol units to hold enemy occupied, while my mobile missle launchers rained fire upon enemy ranks. Lost all but 1 missle launcher from original units, but few giant death robots and XCOM troops, supported with troops from city states and new missle launchers, it quickly became massacre of opponents. Needless to say i won soon after

but i would definetly be up for MP

@k4_Kydure @Jeb_CC

some mods do work, but its hassle getting them to in MP as most assume all players have those. Not sure how you activate them tho.

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Honestly, overall I've been finding the Paradox games much more fun when it comes to nation controlling.

Since I can barely run those, Reddit text games like /r/globalpowers have been satisfying my international desires.

@BTG: I feel like if we do all play MP, I'll just get OWNED. XD I play it for fun, not really for competition. But that's okay. X3 Maybe there's a way we can just have it so one person isn't absolutely WRECKING the others? XD Unless ya'll wouldn't mind that. As long as I don't get demolished on turn 50, I'm cool. :P

Pre-made alliance, we'll be on the same team... Not saying I'll be able to help much, but I rarely if ever am behind on tech production. Maybe I do the tech production, and you build the units, then we trade them...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

so how about it? i think 4 of us would be ok, as having larger ammount of players online would be a hassle

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

@Meelis: Well at the moment it only seems like BTG, you and I can play. :S Kydure doesn't seem to like the idea, Rliant has computer issues with it. Three's alright though. X3 We could give it a go! Just need to organize some time to do it... when we're - like BTG said - have enough time for at least a few hours or so into it. It's annoying if we're only going at it 20 minutes at a time.

In other news:

eyyAJ5l.jpg

Poland is bipolar or something. XD Make up ya mind, goodness me.

-------

ok, so how are we gonna organise this? forums seem like bad place for this.

Personally, i have few hours free in late evenings (from 21.00 (9PM) GMT+2)

Also, i think we should be friends in steam to get invites to game, no? if so, my steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Meelis13/

Who has tried the expansion pack Rising Tide, for Beyond Earth?

I dont know if I should get it since a lot of people have mixed feelings for it.

Is it good? Is it worth the price? Is it game changing?