My year has been made

Sign in to follow this  

AWESOME! I already knew about Freddiew, he does tons of other cool videos, not very similar to this, but use video editing and are really funny. He made a MW2 spoof that's really good, and he also has a skydiving episode, he gets a watermelon shot off his head by a sniper (not edited) and he is the Guitar Hero/Guitar God.

Yeah, I've been going crazy with this guy's videos. Been a while since I've seen creativity like this. XD

Retired Forum Moderator

Yeah, I've been going crazy with this guy's videos. Been a while since I've seen creativity like this. XD

There's another guy named Ross Scott, he makes these awesome videos where he's doing a monologue of the game half-life. It's called "Freeman's Mind" You should check it out.

There's another guy named Ross Scott, he makes these awesome videos where he's doing a monologue of the game half-life. It's called "Freeman's Mind" You should check it out.

lol....

Retired Forum Moderator

And did you know he has a forum as well. Awesome people post on there(like that kirkreng guy), you should check that out.

OT: I really love FW videos, because they are simply funny and i am fascinated by his video editing.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

he gets a watermelon shot off his head by a sniper (not edited)

He showed how that was edited. They put a firecracker in the watermelon and edited the two scenes in. He also explained that the time of day is a bit different between the area where the edited the two together.

One can learn a lot about cinematic technique from his videos, as simple as they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?start=70&v=6nQzs48Tt9U

This is called a Coherency Cut, which easily establishes one action cut over two shots. It makes the action go faster, smoother and with more proficiency than any person usually can accomplish. For example, switching between two guns and maintaining a strong aim without breaking pace.

It's an effect that can be often slurred by Camera shake. (I'm whinging at Paul Greengrass and the Bourne movies)

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.