Sanity's Requiem: Yay or nay?

Sign in to follow this  

So, I've been told by a friend I should play a game called "Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem", but he refused to say anything about why, and said I should go in completely blind. I am skeptical about a game that the person recommending will not give any information, or even the genre, but if he says to go in completely blind I want to go in blind if I do go in at all. So I'm asking for a second opinion. Is this game worth shaking the dust off my Gamecube emulator for, or not?

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

I've never even heard of it before... That it's a Gamecube exclusive is reason enough for that...

I think the main reason for the game choice by your friend is

it has essentially the exact same sanity system you intend to include in your Fallout 4 mod.

(this is an extremely minor spoiler, so it's up to you, but I seriously doubt it will harm your gameplay experience)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Actually, as I am presently pretty far into it, no. No it does not.

Ah... Well, in my defense, the description for that mechanic on its Wiki page (as of 10 minutes before I posted that) was almost word-for-word what you described in your mod posts.

No, theirs is more conventional. Their sanity mechanic has random effects starting when your sanity falls below half, with a higher chance the lower your sanity is.

Mine, on the other hand, has everything that affects your morale just damage it until it runs out, and then inflict a debuff that lasts a long time and return your morale to full.

The fact that in mine, these effects do nothing to you until your morale completely breaks, only one gets through on each morale break, and it's always the last one that actually breaks your morale regardless of which attack did how much morale damage, makes them very different. As does the fact that once you get a trauma in mine it lasts an extremely long time, where in theirs once your sanity is back to half or more you take no effect from it whatsoever. And, of course, mine has no randomization.

Yeah, it was just the description that I read that matched... Already cleared up.

Sorry if that sounded rude, bad writing on my part. I only meant to clarify the differences.