At what point...

Sign in to follow this  

When Man exceeds God is when the day Man creates something from nothing.

Viz. Take the substance of the abyss and bring something into being from it. Eg deliberately Violate the Laws of Conservation of Mass and Energy.

So many things we don't even know how they work like Light, Gravity, Magnets.

You asked for it man http://science.howstuffworks.com/magnet.htm . We do know how magnets work. We know how light works http://science.howstuffworks.com/light.htm . We know how gravity works http://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/earth/geophysics/question232.htm . That last one I havn't read, so I couldn't tell you if it is spot on. I can't find the .pdf file of how gravity works. Thank you Discovery Channel.

As for making something from nothing, we are getting close. I can riddle you about the creative process and all that jazz, but there is no reason for that.

Shoot, we can teleport objects. I have a friend who has the documentation on the experiment, it was a success. If you want, I can ask him to scan it, put it in a pdf, and email it to me.

Hi Friend.

As for making something from nothing, we are getting close.

I'd like to see any evidence of that.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

As for making something from nothing, we are getting close.

I'd like to see any evidence of that.

Well, let's put it this way. We can turn lead into gold with supercolliders. http://chemistry.about.com/cs/generalchemistry/a/aa050601a.htm . We create our own elements. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthetic_element

Point is, we can stuff that people 1000 years ago wouldn't have ever imagined happening ever. We hit this tech revolution about 150 years ago. Right now, technology is pretty much going nowhere but up. The only thing that really is holding us up, is the people who are against stem cell research and other researches. The only thing that can really stop us in the long run, is Moore's Law http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore's_law. The way things look, we could do this in about 50-100 years. Of course, if the Moore's Law effect does happen within then, It will be impossible. Me, I like to be an optimist that the Moore's law End Effect won't happen for the next 200 years, but, you never know.

Hi Friend.

Hmmm... to create sometjing from nothing wouldn't we first need to know what nothing is????

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Hmmm... to create sometjing from nothing wouldn't we first need to know what nothing is????

Yeah, even though we define nothing as nothing, nothing is in a sense, still something. :) Have fun decoding that sentence.

Hi Friend.

Here is the most interesting part, nothing probably doesn't exist. There is always something.

Nothing can only be used in Math and in a scenario with certain objects in certain places or ownerships for example but in reality when there is 3 apples and I eat them there's not 0 apples left but 3 apples which are now decomposed.

So, I don't know, nothing seems to not work with our world. If something is anything in this world then nothing must be something not in this world. In this way there is no nothing in our world :)

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Here is the most interesting part, nothing probably doesn't exist. There is always something.

Nothing can only be used in Math and in a scenario with certain objects in certain places or ownerships for example but in reality when there is 3 apples and I eat them there's not 0 apples left but 3 apples which are now decomposed.

So, I don't know, nothing seems to not work with our world. If something is anything in this world then nothing must be something not in this world. In this way there is no nothing in our world :)

Which is why we can never make something with nothing.

Meh, all we need to do is cause two branes to collide, then we can make baby universes. :D

*Theological riddle* IF God was the first being to make something from nothing... where was He standing when He did it? ;)

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

*Theological riddle* IF God was the first being to make something from nothing... where was He standing when He did it? ;)

Right outside of existence... Who needs to exist when you're God?

God needs to exist when he's god. Otherwise he wouldn't exist.

Hi Friend.

Well, GOD would need to exist. And for a thing to exist, it needs, at the very least, somewhere and something to be. Otherwise it doesn't exist. You can't exist outside of existing. Unless you don't exist. But if you don't exist, you can't do things like, oh, create the universe.

Before you can DO, you have to BE. ;)

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Well, GOD would need to exist. And for a thing to exist, it needs, at the very least, somewhere and something to be. Otherwise it doesn't exist. You can't exist outside of existing. Unless you don't exist. But if you don't exist, you can't do things like, oh, create the universe.

Noooo, you said what I said, but better.

PS: existexistexistexistexistexistexistexistexistexistexistexistexistexistexistexistexistexistexistexistexistexistexistexistexistexistexistexistexist

Hi Friend.

That's what would seem to be from our limited understanding of existence, but that's the problem... Everyone seems to think they know everything.

Everyone seems to think they know everything.

It's not so much knowing everything, as it is knowing how to apply Set logic.

A thing can be inside the set of "things that exist" (and hence, inside existence), or it can be outside that set, wherein dwell all the things that do not exist.

And so...

untitled.jpg

To have nothing would be to have a space in which there is nothing that we know that exists, in it.

No atoms, no quarks or bosons or leptons, no anti-matter, no light, no gravity, no neutrinos, nothing.

As far as knowledge has carried the modern world thusfar, such a space could not exist. But we'll pretend, shall we? Imagine we have this fantastic wonder of modern achievement in science and physics that is a vacuum container in which there is absolutely nothing.

Pray tell how by force of will and intention that in this container (in which there is nothing), we bring something into being. Not take matter that is outside the chamber and move it inside (by whatever means you're contriving, motion, magnetism, superposition etc). Have the abyss inside this chamber, and make something in it out of nothing. Like invent a new particle or generate a new element or have a beautiful new species of rabbit come into being-whatever, Something, anything, be created out of that infinite nothingness in the abyss chamber. That is what is meant by "create something from nothing" in the sense which I mentioned.

I don't mean teleportation, I don't mean radioactive decay, I don't mean a big bang, I mean well and true creation. Such is a power we do not possess.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

To have nothing would be to have a space in which there is nothing that we know that exists, in it.

No atoms, no quarks or bosons or leptons, no anti-matter, no light, no gravity, no neutrinos, nothing.

As far as knowledge has carried the modern world thusfar, such a space could not exist. But we'll pretend, shall we? Imagine we have this fantastic wonder of modern achievement in science and physics that is a vacuum container in which there is absolutely nothing.

Pray tell how by force of will and intention that in this container (in which there is nothing), we bring something into being. Not take matter that is outside the chamber and move it inside (by whatever means you're contriving, motion, magnetism, superposition etc). Have the abyss inside this chamber, and make something in it out of nothing. Like invent a new particle or generate a new element or have a beautiful new species of rabbit come into being-whatever, Something, anything, be created out of that infinite nothingness in the abyss chamber. That is what is meant by "create something from nothing" in the sense which I mentioned.

I don't mean teleportation, I don't mean radioactive decay, I don't mean a big bang, I mean well and true creation. Such is a power we do not possess.

Exactly. I suck at putting ideas to words like this... lol

Exactly. I suck at putting ideas to words like this... lol

Creation in this sense is one cod example to the limitations human beings are subject to that a God is not.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Pray tell how by force of will and intention that in this container (in which there is nothing), we bring something into being.

I'll explain it to you immediately after you explain how God got there. ;)

Because the truth is, whatever explanation works for God will work for the universe. :lol:

(Except for the fact that current mathematical theory - which I will admit is wayyy beyond me, and I'm not going to drag a theoretical physicist in here to explain it to laypeople - suggests that thanks to how incredibly WEIRD the universe gets on the quantum scale, it may just be possible for the universe to have created itself. Wiki m-theory if you have to.)

I'll explain it to you immediately after you explain how God got there. ;)

Because the truth is, whatever explanation works for God will work for the universe. :lol:

(Except for the fact that current mathematical theory - which I will admit is wayyy beyond me, and I'm not going to drag a theoretical physicist in here to explain it to laypeople - suggests that thanks to how incredibly WEIRD the universe gets on the quantum scale, it may just be possible for the universe to have created itself. Wiki m-theory if you have to.)

Well, God is in all things, so God creating the universe could easily appear to an outside viewer as the universe creating itself...