Site logs me off every couple hours.

Sign in to follow this  

Anybody else have this issue? I mean, it's not a big problem, but it's kinda annoying to be suddenly logged out when I've been off-site for less than an hour. (Though odds are the issue is on my end.)

Edit:

It is actually every time I close the browser.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

Double check that you have the forum to automatically log you in every time you access the site. Also try clearing the cache and whatever else to see if that fixes it. Is this on the PC or a mobile device?

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

PC, and I tried all that. My phone doesn't have that problem. (Though it is hard to type on this crappy touchscreen.)

Maybe try a different browser for a little while and see if the problem is exclusive to your default browser...? If you narrow it all down it's probably easier to find the problem and fix it. :D I can't say I've ever had these issues before though.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

Windows 10, latest versions of Chrome and Edge both have this problem. Going to download and try Firefox.

If both Chrome and Edge don't work, I don't imagine Firefox would do any better... Is it just the AF forum that is logging you out? Is there other sites that does this as well?

But some basic troubleshooting stuff, you can try just...

1. Restarting your computer.

2. Restarting the router.

-------

If restarting my computer or router would work, the issue wouldn't have lasted long enough for me to notice it. Also, Firefox didn't work either. Closing the browser and coming back logs me out, even though I am set to automatically sign in.

In Google Chrome... go into Settings -> in the search bar type in; "Cookies" -> "Content Settings" -> Make sure that cookies are allowing local data to be set, then... -> "All cookies and site data" -> Search for "accursed" and see if there's anything there.

-------

Yes they're allowed (or it wouldn't be just the site) and there are Accursed Farms cookies in there. This is weird. I'm going to get my laptop out and try that. See if it has the same issue.

Try clearing the cookies for the site and relogging into the site after that, perhaps?

I'm no tech guru or anything but that's okay. :P I can at least try and help.

-------

Have you tried clearing all the cookies?

(I don't know how anyone can take any discussion seriously if they're talking about computer cookies. XP What a name. It's adorable.)

-------

257.gif

Fair enough. No idea! XD I don't understand why it would only affect just your computer. Maybe someone else can help. XP

-------

Sounds like something is clearing your browser cache every time you close the browser... I would've said it could be a dynamic IP from your ISP changing, but that would affect during the browsing session as well.

My suggestion: Switch to Windows 7, and then see if it's still having problems. (this is likely yet another of those PoS 'security features' automatically installed and turned on by Windows 10) Barring that, check through the various settings in Windows 10 to see if it is in there. (WOO! Finally found a way to string together 4 2-letter words in a sentence, and not violate grammar!)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

See my previous post. (Also, wouldn't that hypothesis only apply if this happened to other sites?)

Possibly, but not necessarily... As it is, it really sounds like a Windows 10 update took a shit on your browsers.

Seriously, it is NOT windows 10. If it was, it would affect other sites, and it doesn't.

You'd be surprised at how specific the glitches can get... I actually had one friend have an almost identical issue with Gmail, (no other sites affected) and it turned out to be entirely caused by an update. (took restoring to prior to the update to get Gmail back)