Creating a Dead Games List

What the hell are people even putting up there!

Someone put in "Assassins Creed 3",what the fu**?That game you can buy and play offline and there are many pirated versions out there!

Assassin's Creed is a series widely known for its singleplayer gameplay, yet from AC: Brotherhood forth it has a multiplayer component only available through UPlay.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/assassins-creed-3/Multiplayer

Basically, it's an entire game mode that can disappear since once UPlay is gone. I think that warrants a place on the list.

A more drastic example is the Souls series. It has a unique approach to multiplayer, but the game is defined as a narrative singleplayer experience - you can disconnect from the internet and still have access to most of the content. On the surface, it doesn't earn its place on the list - but matter of fact is that you lose something integral to the game once you take out its online component - invasions, trades, rarely-seen vagrants, summons, etc.

So, anything that has an online component that cannot be reproduced after a certain point in time (global server shutdown) applies. It doesn't matter how small or big is its part in the game.

I feel that Batman: Arkham Origins (multiplayer) should be up there. I never touched it myself. Dunno if you can do dedicated/private servers. Doubt it though.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA