EVE Online

Sign in to follow this  

Probly not... Especially since EVE isn't a game, it's a job.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Never played it, though judging from reviews like Yahtzee's ZP of EVE it sounds pretty meh. EVE sounds like Microsoft Excel the video game and I'm almost certain I would be trying to suck out my brain through a straw due to sheer boredom

US92PR1tI1o

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

Never played it, though judging from reviews like Yahtzee's ZP of EVE it sounds pretty meh. EVE sounds like Microsoft Excel the video game and I'm almost certain I would be trying to suck out my brain through a straw due to sheer boredom

+1

+1

I didn't invite you to circle jerk your opinion in this thread, BTG.

I don't understand where people are getting the spreadsheet sim meme from, the game is nothing like that. The boring part is really the mining, it's very dull unless you're in lowsec/null where NPCs are an actual threat and you have to constantly watch your back for players. They allow a 30 day free trial to find out if the game is for you or not, I would recommend that before you knock the game.

Be careful you don't run afoul of the forum rules... Especially when someone posts an opinion in a thread requesting people's opinions.

My brother plays it, but he's always talked about how he's gotten screwed over and rarely about amazing instances. He keeps trying to get me to play it, too. I'd probably try it if it was free, since it seems like a "cool" time-waster for in-between moments.

I've already have gotten your opinion with your first post, there's no need for you to continue circle jerking it afterwards.

I don't think you would be as condescending about a second post if it was an opinion you agreed with.

I don't understand where people are getting the spreadsheet sim meme from, the game is nothing like that. The boring part is really the mining, it's very dull unless you're in lowsec/null where NPCs are an actual threat and you have to constantly watch your back for players. They allow a 30 day free trial to find out if the game is for you or not, I would recommend that before you knock the game.

Yahtzee said it was in regards to the skills since there were so many that he wasn't able to figure out what each of them do. Also I don't do 30 day trials. If it turns out I like the game it'll piss me off that I have to pay a monthly subscription fee to keep playing. Call me spoiled when it comes to FtP MMOs but I don't think I should have to pay a subscription fee in this day and age. Monthly subscription fees are completely archaic IMO.

Call me spoiled when it comes to FtP MMOs but I don't think I should have to pay a subscription fee in this day and age. Monthly subscription fees are completely archaic IMO.

I thought this too for a while until I learned that the devs pay over 10 million dollars in bandwidth fees. As much as I would love for it to be F2P the devs wouldn't be able to support it anymore.

I don't think you would be as condescending about a second post if it was an opinion you agreed with.

If I agreed with your opinion then this thread wouldn't exist. I get that you don't like the game, that's fine. What I don't like is you coming back into the thread only to repeat what you said with a "+1". It's shitposting and makes you look like an ass for putting your nose into something that you clearly are not interested in but do it anyway.

Though this wouldn't be a problem if someone would fix the damn rep system already.

I thought this too for a while until I learned that the devs pay over 10 million dollars in bandwidth fees. As much as I would love for it to be F2P the devs wouldn't be able to support it anymore.

Fair enough, but I'm still not willing to tease myself with a game I can't play after a month without having to pay a subscription fee. I don't know EVE or the devs well enough to make that sort of investment. I don't have love for the game that I literally know nothing about outside of reviews for it.

While I do agree with the sentiment that simply posting a "+1" without elaboration is unhelpful to the overall flow of a conversation and contributes little, if you have a problem with another user's conduct, please contact a moderator.

Also I feel the need to point out that who you do and do not invite to participate in a thread is irrelevant. This is a public forum and anyone is allowed to come into a topic and participate so long as their participation is related to the subject of the topic.

As for the game itself, I've often thought about playing it since I really like any media that involves massive ships and space but never have. At this point I feel like I'd be joining too late and the level of commitment some players have made it seem like it requires is more than I can honestly spare. That and I sorta can't afford anything subscription based right now...

Retired Forum Moderator

As for the game itself, I've often thought about playing it since I really like any media that involves massive ships and space but never have. At this point I feel like I'd be joining too late and the level of commitment some players have made it seem like it requires is more than I can honestly spare. That and I sorta can't afford anything subscription based right now...

CCP have announced that soon when killing your first NPC of the day will net 10,000 kill points to spend on training. A member of an allied corp of mine did some math and stated that to do that everyday for a month would be worth 5 days of training time in raw points, so catching up wouldn't be too hard. Though those 5 days tend to depend on what implants you have.

Also I feel the need to point out that who you do and do not invite to participate in a thread is irrelevant. This is a public forum and anyone is allowed to come into a topic and participate so long as their participation is related to the subject of the topic.

I never said he wasn't allowed to participate in the thread, only that his shitposting isn't welcome.

...if you have a problem with another user's conduct, please contact a moderator.

I've never been a person to pussyfoot around when it comes to things like this. If I have a problem with a person and the need becomes relevant I'm going to let them know and not run off crying to a moderator. Now if he was consistently breaking rules and being a general menace then I would contact a moderator, but since he isn't, no. It may be abrasive but as someone who has done plenty of moderation in her past I only see it as the correct thing to do so long as it remains civil.

Be careful you don't run afoul of the forum rules... Especially when someone posts an opinion in a thread requesting people's opinions.

that's rich coming from you

the name's riley

@Username: Unnecessary comment and not even helpful towards the topic. Don't. >:( Nyo.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

I just remembered this video that I had stumbled across eons ago. MrBtongue references EVE a couple times for his example of a sandbox MMO.

nvK8fua6O64