6/18 Planetside 2 Event (VCO Info)

nnijDLm.jpeg

CaptainInArms here for Planetside 2's [VCO] Voodoo Company - the official Ross Scott liaison Outfit on the Emerald New Conglomerate! We simultaneously ran six platoons on three continents last time for Ross' fans to great effect, and we're preparing to do it again. If you want more organization than just randomly following the crowd, make sure to look for squads labeled "ROSS SCOTT OFFICIAL - [Continent Name]" come event time.

Our veteran squad leads will be taking in players new and old while working in direct conjunction with Ross while he solos! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Additionally, you can always join VCO at anytime. We take any and all members willing to listen regardless of skill, unlocks, or experience. We run scheduled nights every Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday @20:00EST, but we can also have casual squads online at any random time beyond that. Look for us in the Outfit browser!

Any questions pertaining to VCO's involvement with the event, VCO as an Outfit, or Planetside 2 in general, feel free to respond!

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

While having a mic certainly removes a handicap to the flow of information you - the soldier - can provide to others in your squad, the Squad Leader, and up the chain of command; VCO has hundreds of dedicated members without mics. The important part is to always be listening. As long as you're sticking close to the squad, following orders, or attempting to get a repeat of what that order was, we know you're listening and that's all that matters.

All that being said, I personally consider all of those $100+ gaming headphones to be a total scam. All you need for top-of-the-line audio quality and clear mic transmission is a $30 Logitech headset. That's what I personally use, and as a 1000+ hours Commander where my job is to keep in constant communication with Squad Leads, Special Divisions, and other Outfits, it's served me incredibly well. You could probably go cheaper too and you'd be fine.

I personally use a $5 desktop mic, and headphones... There really isn't that much of a difference in microphone quality when it comes to voice chat. (unless you're in a really noisy environment, then you need some sort of noise canceling for effective communication)

Just make sure to join in a little early so you can test and make sure your mic is working properly.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I don't have a mic, how common is that and how significant is it for teamwork?

From my experience you really don't need a mic. I joined a few of the VCO ops missions and everything went fine.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.