The Bioshock Collection

Sign in to follow this  

So yes, the original Bioshock still is my all time favorite game. And a couple of days ago I found out a remaster was announced.

We've even got a comparison trailer now:

YasVqns7AVg

Couple things of note:

- Comes with all DLC, even challenge rooms for PC it seems (which I am excited about since it was a playstation exclusive at first)

- Bioshock comes with a virtual museum of cut content (honestly not that excited since I am guessing the content will be the same stuff you can find in the art book which has been released for free many years ago) and a directors commentary (more interested in this)

- Cannot find any information on how Bioshock 2 will be remastered, probably won't have anything changed.

- Bioshock 2 comes without mutliplayer, which is fine. Multiplayer was kind of cool but really won't be missing it.

- Bioshock infinite will not be remastered either, which is kind of a given.

- Best of all to some, if you own the original games on steam you will get the remastered version for absolutely free!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

if you own the original games on steam you will get the remastered version for absolutely free!

Now I'm interested... lol

Bioshock is one of those games that really needs the remastering, if only to give it better compatibility with modern systems.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

if you own the original games on steam you will get the remastered version for absolutely free!

What if you own two of the three? Cause I only own 1 and 3.

Now I'm interested... lol

Bioshock is one of those games that really needs the remastering, if only to give it better compatibility with modern systems.

If you legally own...

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

I have all three on Steam, with all DLCs. I also own the first Bioshock on physical media. (and played it back when I only had a DX9 GPU, and was 'amazed' when I finally got to see the DX10 effects)

Don't jump to conclusions. ;)

I disliked Bioshock 1 and don't really have any desire to play it again. I kinda wished that I had played System Shock 2 first instead of Bioshock because they're the same game and so playing one game effectively spoils the other. I felt like I was having more fun with SS2 than Bioshock 1. I really wish that I had foreseen that.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

I remembered I played Fallout New Vegas and Bioshock 1, both for the first time, around the same time. (Fun fact: New Vegas was the first Fallout game I played). I felt like Bioshock should have been an open world sandbox like game (just imagine exploring the outside underwater areas in a sub), and that F:NV (along with 3) should have been the linear (with backtracking) game.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Definitely. While I find that visually Bioshock can still very much hold it's own today(in large part to it's art style), stuff like the audio crash bug(where you would have to have something plugged in to your audio port or else the game would crash) and the physics being locked at 30fps can very much lessen the experience.

I remembered I played Fallout New Vegas and Bioshock 1, both for the first time, around the same time. (Fun fact: New Vegas was the first Fallout game I played). I felt like Bioshock should have been an open world sandbox like game (just imagine exploring the outside underwater areas in a sub), and that F:NV (along with 3) should have been the linear (with backtracking) game.

I've heard this quite a bit. I don't quite agree, though. While exploring Rapture in an open world setting would definitely be cool. The story of the original Bioshock really wouldn't not work well in a more open game.

Besides, I feel like the open world sandbox craze of the last couple of years has done nothing but prove that in order to make and open world content and details have to be stretched really damn thin comparatively. I'd rather have a linear a good linear game with attention to detail oozing from every corner than any of the hundreds of empty open world games(not saying all are bad, Fallout seems to be one of the few that does it right, but it is still not comparable).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You're entitled to your opinion and I'll respectfully disagree, lol

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Honestly, I feel like Bioshock would do better as an open-world than it would linear, despite the linear story. (you can have both, and do it well)