If my song was a TV show's theme song...

Sign in to follow this  

...what kind of television program would it be? Forgive this blatant exercise in forum boredom but it occurred it to me whilst watching the Gaming Dungeon episode about Deus Ex: Invisible War, namely the Kidneythieves "Taxicab Messiah" track in the end credits. I had to look up the music video and was invariably enthused (and if I'm honest, mildly amused) by the pseudo-gothic radness that everybody in the 90's was apparently legally obliged to propagate. Do you ever hear a specific song and then, either by sheer absent-minded inspiration or purposeful daydreaming, mentally conjure-up a fictive series that exists solely in the decrepit warrens of your imagination? I listened to the aforementioned track several times and couldn't shake the image of a jarring angsty anime intro featuring big-eyed undead girls who were probably painfully edgy good-guys facing hordes of alien angels or something. I'd watch it if it was real!

Anyway for the sake of giving this outburst some forlorn stab at purpose, I had this idea for a thread game that involves us taking in turns to post a song to which the next poster had to describe what type of show he or she reckoned would have such a theme song. You could go into as much or as little detail as you please, a simple selection of genre will suffice but feel free to make up titles, characters, plot arcs, etc if you are so inclined and can be bothered to. All genres of music are welcome here. Can the next poster please pontificate and imagine what sort of TV program would likely have the following catchy jam as it's theme song?

gwb-KkJsPbE

Disclaimer: This might or might not be a slightly elaborate variation of the "Now Playing/What R U Listening 2" type threads done-to-death here and elsewhere all over the internet. Don't tell anyone though.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa