Firefox FOUR

Sign in to follow this  

Guys, have you already tried Firefox 4? What's your thoughts about it? I just installed it right now, and there are some issues that makes me want to revert to the old Firefox.

1. The "Save and Quit" option doesn't appear anymore when I try to close FF4. I really liked that option because it enables me to save my current pages when I shut down.

2. Firefox 4 is not compatible with Windowblinds! The titlebar of FF4 screws up when I apply a windowblinds theme. It's really annoying since I have been using windowblinds for years, and I don't want to remove it just to make FF4 work well.

3. There is no more status bar. It's kind of trivial I know, but it's still makes me uncomfortable

No save and quit? I thought moving Home to the other side of the address bar was bad enough. FF 3.6 works just fine for me, I'm going to wait and let add-on authors and Mozilla fix up version 4 before I update.

No save and quit? I thought moving Home to the other side of the address bar was bad enough. FF 3.6 works just fine for me, I'm going to wait and let add-on authors and Mozilla fix up version 4 before I update.

That Home button got me searching for a full minute. lol. But I have absolute faith that the Mozilla team will soon release patches that will fix these issues, because apparently, I'm not the only one experiencing issues like this

I don't understand why they're moving buttons in the first place. The 'Fox has kept its basic layout since the beginning, it is what the regulars have grown used to over the years and new users will hardly complain unless they're coming from a browser with a different layout, so why change something that worked just fine? Microsoft do the same with each revision of Office and it drives me absolutely nuts.

I personally find myself focusing a lot more on the left half of my 21.5" widescreen display, so you can imagine the challenge I will be facing if a button I click every few minutes during browsing is moved to that mysterious right half of the interface.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"? lol I think it's part of their "new feel" bullcrap. All I feel right now is this new Firefox looks a hell of a lot like Chrome.

Might be Mozilla's strategy to attract Chromisians to their side.

I do like software that is very efficient with computer resources and has a simple interface that focuses on navigability rather than graphics (In other words, the complete opposite of Apple's software.), but this minimalistic approach is nothing but superficial. Do you think Chromisians realize that their minimalistic little browser is actually the biggest memory hog of them all? Last time I checked each tab in Chrome is launched in a separate thread entirely, a design choice that makes it possible to keep the browser running even if a tab crashes. I have never fancied a feature like this for Firefox, and the reason is simple; I have honestly never had it crash on me since v3.0.

In that case, you are one lucky person. That is exactly one flaw of Chrome. But I realized that Firefox is really trying to do what Chrome did, and simplified its UI. The general feel of it is more like it's been made for simple users and beginners. They designed so that it's comfortable for an average user. But the problem is, I'm not an average user.

I just want a browser that's FAST, I don't care about add-on's or any of that stuff, I WANT SPEEEEEED

I just want a browser that's FAST, I don't care about add-on's or any of that stuff, I WANT SPEEEEEED

Chrome.

Chrome.

Yet I refuse to change from IE... * sigh * you can blame my upbringing

Chrome.

Yet I refuse to change from IE... * sigh * you can blame my upbringing

YOU ARE USING IE??!?

Alyxx: Follow Bjossi's advice and STICK to FF3 until FF4 gets better. FF4 is really frustrating at this moment

Axeldeath: You sir, are amazing, to still use IE. *bows down*

Alyxx: Follow Bjossi's advice and STICK to FF3 until FF4 gets better. FF4 is really frustrating at this moment

Yeah, my brother downloaded FF4 and I really felt suspicious of it. So I am reluctant to get it until I absolutely have to. It's still beta as far as I'm concerned.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Kneel before me MORTAL. I prefer to do things teh HARD way

I like it hard too. Wait... that came out wrong...

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I'm now on my 3rd reinstall of FF4. Everytime I tweak the toolbars to suit my preferences it just screws up big time, and the only way to fix it is to reinstall it completely. *sigh* Will get back on this after I fix it again

I like it hard too. Wait... that came out wrong...

That's what she said.... this is getting old.