new GFX card?

Sign in to follow this  

My case is pretty small (and was around £13), and I was just able to squeeze in an ATI HD6850. That cost me around £140 I believe. Chances are you could probably grab that or a slightly less powerful HD6X series with your money. I'm no expert though. The best I can recommend is read tech review websites, and user reviews on purchase sites and see what people say, things to watch out for etc. Good luck.

Well anything above an ATI 5770/GTS 450 would be bottlenecked by his CPU. This means that your CPU isn't fast enough to let a badass graphics card work at it's full potential so if I were you' I wouldn't spend all my money in a card I won't be able to use completely. For 130 british pounds (= 214 united states dollars)I suggest you to upgrade your power supply, but it would take all your budget, you shouldn't worry about your case if it's a standard ATX case, even a GTX 260 should fit in there. I found a good one for pretty cheap and a mid range graphics card.

Here's what I suggest:

Antec Basiq 500w - 46 pounds

Don't let the tag ''basiq'' fool you, this is a trusty and powerful power supply, it's antec basic line but it's a very decent build and able to handle up to a 5770.

Sapphire HD 5750 1 GB GDDR5 82 pounds

This graphics card is able to handle all modern games (even crysis) at 1650 x 1050 with some eyecandy and high settings. It requires a 450w power supply with a 6-pin pcie power connector (the one I suggested includes one). You won't be upgrading for a loong time.

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

I looked those up, but i have come across a problem. The cheapest i can find that Card for is 100€(i don't wanna order it from UK or anything because the shipping and stuff will cost so much again >.>). So together with the power supply that would be about 150€.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just cleaned my PC for the first time in like forever. And I have come to the conclusion that I most likely will also have to buy a new case. Also I figured out how much my PSU can supply: 220w.

Here are some pictures(it really seems as there is just no space to fit an GFX card):

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/2740/pc1jx.jpg

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/589/pc2a.jpg

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/5595/pc3w.jpg

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just cleaned my PC for the first time in like forever. And I have come to the conclusion that I most likely will also have to buy a new case. Also I figured out how much my PSU can supply: 220w.

Here are some pictures(it really seems as there is just no space to fit an GFX card):

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/2740/pc1jx.jpg

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/589/pc2a.jpg

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/5595/pc3w.jpg

Good thing you didn't buy anything... That's a small case! It doesn't even have expansion slots...

Maybe you can find a cheap case+power supply combo, ussualy Thermaltake and Antec offer good ones...

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

Good thing you didn't buy anything... That's a small case! It doesn't even have expansion slots...

Maybe you can find a cheap case+power supply combo, ussualy Thermaltake and Antec offer good ones...

Yes, and actually getting a bare case (no PSU) and a separate PSU can be cheaper... (if you want to upgrade it to a good gaming system)

Looks like a decent CPU cooler though...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

*cough*cough*cough*cough*cough* Sorry, had to wipe the dust of this thread.

Firstly someone might want to move this thread to the hardware forum.

On topic: Luckily my brother knows a lot more when it comes to hardware than me. And he is building himself a new PC, so I made a deal that I get his old GFX card for a low price. So I used about 60€ on the new case and PSU and will use the rest or some of the rest of my budget to pay my brother for his GFX card:

So what I'l be getting is:

Nvidia GeForce 450 GTS

Chieftec ANP 405A12(PSU)

Cooler Master Elite 343

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

*cough*cough*cough*cough*cough* Sorry, had to wipe the dust of this thread.

Firstly someone might want to move this thread to the hardware forum.

On topic: Luckily my brother knows a lot more when it comes to hardware than me. And he is building himself a new PC, so I made a deal that I get his old GFX card for a low price. So I used about 60€ on the new case and PSU and will use the rest or some of the rest of my budget to pay my brother for his GFX card:

So what I'l be getting is:

Nvidia GeForce 450 GTS

Chieftec ANP 405A12(PSU)

Cooler Master Elite 343

Not too shitty... Will be outdated in a year or so, but is quite decent for the price.

Well, in a little less then a year I will be 16 and then I can actually get a decent job. Then I will have some more money to buy something better.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not too shitty...

:roll: Wow BTG, you really want that -999 rep don't you?

Depending on what games you're playing a GTX 450 will probably be fine for a while. I'm only using a GTX 460 from gigabyte and that runs all my games at full settings

:roll: Wow BTG, you really want that -999 rep don't you?

Of course I do, but that was an obvious compliment when you don't take it out of context.

Besides, I'm a perfectionist gamer... I'll consider anything not a GTX 560-590 shitty. Actually I consider a GTX 590 a shitty buy when compared to getting 2 GTX 570's.