Far: Lone Sails

It's a simple puzzle platformer with a little bit of resource management in that you have to keep your vehicle maintained and running.

The art direction is fine. The main vehicle has a really creative design and the environments are well done. Although, I'm not sure why they fluctuated between full on colour for some backdrops and greyscale for others. The backgrounds go from flat barren areas, to a tornado destroying an abandoned town, to wrecked ships, to a volcano explosion. Couple this, with the music and overall the game does a good job of giving you the feeling that this world is completely dead and dangerous to try and survive in.

The puzzles are simple, it's mostly just hitting buttons to progress things or use something on your vehicle to help progress things. I wouldn't exactly say they're mind melters.

There's no dialogue at all and I didn't really understand the plot, if there even was one. That made it hard for me to get more immersed in the game and to try and relate or to understand the main character's motivations.

I'm not exactly sure why, but overall this game wasn't really enrapturing me as much as I was hoping it would.

Overall rating: Hazy

BJ! We need you defending us with the MG42!

It's certainly somewhat interesting exploring the game whilst upkeeping your boat/car thingy it's only enjoyable due to being short however. I finished it in about 2 and a half hours and by the end I was burning out. Still it's somewhat relaxing and fun for what it is. But don't expect anything of substance, it's more of an interactive moving picture.