Harvester

Sign in to follow this  

This is a pretty infamous graphical adventure that was obviously made by people who had little confidence with the genre. It has a REAL weird plotline, some gore (even though everything is mostly played out for laughs) and awful acting. The best thing about is the amount of freedom the player has, you can basically kill off all major characters and while some of it will lend to an immediate game over, others can die and the game continues.
It's really a product of its time and is the last game I want to own in its original big boxed form (still looking for it).

Oh man, memories. This is... an admittedly kinda crummy game, but it has a lot of nostalgia attached to it. I somehow really doubt many modern audiences will squeeze any enjoyment out of this, but if you lived through the FMV era...

Well, I mean, I still wouldn't really recommend it...

Watching a walkthrough without commentary will give you a better experience. The gameplay is linked to the story in an interesting way (especially more for the time), but the main attraction to this game is the story and the scenes of violence which were shocking for the time. A walkthrough or longplay will let you experience the game with it's slow build of tension much more effectively, this game is seriously hurt by the moments where you can't figure out what to do much more than other adventure games. Not recommended to buy

This is definitely a game that you can get all of the enjoyment in it by just watching a playthrough. The gameplay, puzzles, (anything the player has to do), etc. aren't actually very satisfying.

The best parts of the game are the dialogue and a few of the weird things you encounter at the end of the game. There's not much difference between clicking a dialogue option and listening to the response and just watching someone else click that same dialogue option and listening to the response.

This is a classic, funny dialogue and weird story/characters. I don't really like point and click adventure games but this one grabbed me for some reason.

Non-spoiler walkthrough recommended.